Who would you recreate?

Supreme Serpent

Re: Who would you recreate?

Here you'll find a Pulp version of Wonder Woman, re-imagined as the daughter of Tarzan and La of Opar. This version shows her in 1930, long before she decided to put on the costume.

Here is a version of Thor as a working class Pro Wrestler type. Alternatively, it's a version of Bulldozer as Thor.

I like the idea of the campaign. Hope it goes / is going well.

I like the idea of the campaign. Hope it goes / is going well.

I've only gotten a couple of vague basic ideas from a few players so far, but I can work with those.

*Moon Knight - still street-level vigillante, but he's his own support network. Off-panel duplication. Only one really wears the costume at any given time, the others are maintaining secret ID, working in the lab, helping with detective work, etc. Instead of actually buying duplication, it's going to be used as a justification for various abilities/bonuses.

*The Hulk - scientist's boat captured/sunk by pirates, stranded on island. Used wrecks of various ships to construct a battlesuit to combat the pirates. Suit somewhat more streamlined than original jury-rigged version, but still large and evocative of it's origins being built from an abandoned HULK.

I've only gotten a couple of vague basic ideas from a few players so far, but I can work with those.

*Moon Knight - still street-level vigillante, but he's his own support network. Off-panel duplication. Only one really wears the costume at any given time, the others are maintaining secret ID, working in the lab, helping with detective work, etc. Instead of actually buying duplication, it's going to be used as a justification for various abilities/bonuses.

*The Hulk - scientist's boat captured/sunk by pirates, stranded on island. Used wrecks of various ships to construct a battlesuit to combat the pirates. Suit somewhat more streamlined than original jury-rigged version, but still large and evocative of it's origins being built from an abandoned HULK.

Very nice, both of them. :)

For Moon Knight, I might let him buy some of his dupes as Followers or a Contact Group, just to reflect the idea that they are real people.

Very nice, both of them. :)

For Moon Knight, I might let him buy some of his dupes as Followers or a Contact Group, just to reflect the idea that they are real people.

Yeah, I've been thinking about it and may go ahead and have him buy Duplication with some hefty limits on it. That way it's easier to have him do things like "be in two places at once" sometimes, or come rescue himself if necessary. :D

I think if I were redoing Mister Fantastic, I'd make him an homage of Mister Terrific from DC. Need a fighter? No worries, he has 7 black belts. Need a neuro-surgeon? He can -at least- assist. Need someone able to do the Times crossword puzzle in ink while on monitor duty? He's your man.

Kid Flash, a slacker dilettante who unexpectedly inherits his fathers Fortune 500 multinational and discovers his super hq full of gadgets. Kind of a super kid Rock or Spiderman if he hadn't had his "With great power..." moment or perhaps a cross between Iron Man and Pimp my Ride.

Decided to take the plunge. :eek: I've started a campaign based on this premise on Hero Central' date=' under the title "Reimagined". Feel free to apply, lurk, or just toss villain ideas my way as you're inclined and time permits. :)[/quote']

You fiend.

You shouldn't prey on people's addictions like that.

Here's my idea (which I just so happened to PM Supreme Serpent about over on HC, imagine that.:) )

Phoenix.

Emma Saunders was the most famous girl in the world. Only 18, she had turned a role on a Disney Channel series into a very sucessful career, puting out 2 platinum albums and staring in a run of hit movies. Just when everything was coming up roses, Emma gets powers. (how is up in the air, mutation, freak accident, solar radiation, overdose of cheese, depending on how you're world works) And unfortuantely not subtle powers she can hide, but giant fiery wings and a flaming aura around her. While her first instinct was to hide, she changed her mind when she realized that with she could be a superhero. Not only could she help people (Emma is a nice girl at heart, does a lot of charity work and all that) but imagine the publicity she would get. So she hired a couple trainers, and after a few months 'down time', as she told the press, she debuted herself as The Phoenix. Just like she figured, she was an instant media sensation.

I really shouldn't do this... really, buuut...

I'm submiting an idea for "Quicksilver" an AI robot composed of lots and lots of tiny nanobots so as to be almost liquid in appearance at times akin to Terminator 2. It's a brick (str 45 as of this writing)with a bit of stretching and a few other tricks. Currently on the run from the evil organization "U.L.T.R.O.N." which created it (at least in part).

And if that don't work out, I'll just try another.

I'm stupid that way sometimes :)

• 2 weeks later...

It has begun...

The HeroCentral part of the universe has started up. Phoenix and Quicksilver from this thread, plus Supergirl, Galactus, Iron Fist, and Shadowcat.

Once I get characters, etc. from my face-to-face group, there'll be another team in another town as well playing around in the same universe. Only firm one from that group so far is the Hulk (mentioned above).

Possible villain group / deus ex machina:

The Web - small group of extra-terrestrials crashed on Earth a few decades ago. All have incredible mental powers and can act in a gestalt to boost their power and range. A part of their 'group' is their human agent, a young telepath whom they're training in exchange for his/her help in securing things to repair their ship. Acting together, they have incredible mental attacks and TK.

Spider Man When Peter Batson got lost on a field trip to the Museum of Natural History, an old African shaman working as a janitor showed him an ancient spider totem hidden in storage. On it was engraved the word ANANSI. The old wizard implored Peter to speak the world aloud. Peter complied and felt a strange spirit overtake him. Before his own eyes he transformed into an adult with the powers of Anansi, the Spider-trickster of African legend. Donning a Red and Black costume, he swings through the urban jungle as Spider Man...

• 1 month later...

Got folks in my FTF group finalized on characters, ran the first part of their intro adventure.

In FTF group have:

The Hulk - battlesuit, originally built from wrecked ships

Green Lantern - archaeologist imbued with positive/life energy, apparently based on a conglomeration/bastardization of Sumerian and Iroquios mythologies

Guardian - ironically enough, power-ring user.

Wilcat - feline man-monster, created by experiments by ULTRON scientists.

Batman - detective in Wiley Coyote-like batwing suit

not present for the initial session, but joining later will also be:

Aquaman - water-body Hydro Man like guy.