Building the Animated Justice League

Pattern Ghost

Re: Building the Animated Justice League

I don't think that you need a VPP for MM. I think you can take care of it with decent stats (30-40 Str, 25 Con, 20 Dex, 20 Ego, 4 or 5 spd), flight, and an MP that has the following:

* Desolidification

* NND EB No Range (Resoldifying with his hand in someone. If you want to be nasty, you can make this a penetrating HKA.)

* Shape Change

* Density Increase

* Telepathy (maybe cum to represent cracking into the Hawk soldiers mind)

* Mind Scan (possibly keep this out of the MP to represent his ability to find and then communicate with people ala the first episode where he summons Superman).

* Ego Attack (thought I don't really recall him doing this much).

Most of his tricks seem to be power skill rolls more than any descrete set of new powers IMO.

BTW, you have done a great job with all the past Animated JL characters. Very playable yet capturing the spirit of the show.

One comment on HG. You might want to do her mace as a MP and put a second slot to represent missile deflection. I also think she might do with a higher PRE. She growls a lot and does not seemed phased by anyone.

Keep up the great work!

Has he done the resolidfying of the hand trick?

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has he done the resolidfying of the hand trick?

Yes. He did it to two aliens in the last episode of the three episode intro to JL. I have not seen him do it since then, so you can probably rule that it was a (very generous) GM allowing him to power stunt his Str to NND damage. That being said, I think it is worth giving him the power.

Okay, before you review the Manhunter from Mars a few words of warning:

I'm not happy with him, but as I am trying to do a "Standard" power level version of these guys I had to jump through some hoops to get him done. I included the Vulnerabilities to fire but not a Will not work lim as a middle ground between the comics roots and the TV series

His powers are of course all across the board, but to get his "Brickness" you will need to use his Density Increase, otherwise he is on the low end of Defences (10/10)

I welcome critiques. Also I know I had to drop some powers he has not used or only used once (the desol touch). I also could not remember if he had ever turned invisible or not...

Animated Martian Manhunter

Player:

Val Char Cost
25/65 STR 15
18 DEX 24
20 CON 20
12 BODY 4
18 INT 8
15 EGO 10
15 PRE 5
8 COM -1
10/20 PD 5
10/20 ED 6
4 SPD 12
9 REC 0
40 END 0
35 STUN 0
6" RUN02" SWIM05"/13" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 108

Cost Power END
Martian Physiology
5 1) Martian Body: Damage Resistance (5 PD/5 ED)
6 2) Martian Mind: +6 Mental Defense (9 points total)
10 3) Martian Body: Life Support , Extended Breathing, Longevity: 1600 Years, Safe in High Pressure, Safe in Intense Cold, Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum
64 Martian Body: Multipower, 64-point reserve
6u 1) Increase Density: (Total: 64 Active Cost, 62 Real Cost) Density Increase (25500 kg mass, +40 STR, +8 PD/ED, -8" KB), Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4) (50 Active Points) (Real Cost: 50) plus Damage Resistance (10 PD/10 ED) (10 Active Points); Linked to Density Increase (-1/2), Greater Power is Constant or in use most or all of the time (+1/4) (Real Cost: 8) plus +2 PD; Linked to Density Increase (-1/2), Greater Power is Constant or in use most or all of the time (+1/4) (Real Cost: 2) plus +2 ED; Linked to Density Increase (-1/2), Greater Power is Constant or in use most or all of the time (+1/4) (Real Cost: 2) 4
6u 2) Lower Density: Desolidification , Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2) (60 Active Points)
6u 3) Shapeshifting: Shapeshift (Sight Group; Additional Sense Group: Hearing Group, Additional Sense Group: Touch Group, Imitation, Instant Change, Variety of Shapes: Any Shape), Costs END Only To Change Shape (+1/4) (64 Active Points) 5
5u 4) Invisibility: Invisibility to Sight Group, Hearing Group, No Fringe, Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2) (52 Active Points)
15 Mental Powers: Elemental Control, 30-point powers
15 1) TK Flight: Flight 10", Variable Advantage (+1/4 Advantages +1/2) (30 Active Points) 3
12 2) TP Link: Mind Link (Any Willing Target), Number of Minds (x8) (30 Active Points); Costs Endurance Only Costs END to Activate (-1/4) 3
45 3) Seek Out a Mind: Mind Scan 2d6, +10 ECV, Cumulative (x4 max.) (+1) (60 Active Points) 6
15 4) Telepathy: Telepathy 3d6, Cumulative (x4 max.) (+1) (30 Active Points) 3
Powers Cost: 210

Cost Skill
3 Combat Piloting 13-
3 Deduction 13-
3 Language: English (Martian is Native) (completely fluent)
3 Paramedics 13-
3 Shadowing 13-
3 Systems Operation 13-
3 Tactics 13-
3 Teamwork 13-
0 TF: Spaceplanes
3 SS: Medicine (INT-based) 13-
Skills Cost: 27

Cost Perk
5 Fringe Benefit: Membership in the JL
Perks Cost: 5

Total Character Cost: 350

Val Disadvantages
5 Distinctive Features: Green Skin Alien (Easily Concealed; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
25 Hunted: White "martians" 8- (Mo Pow; Harshly Punish; Extensive Non-Combat Influence; PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find)
10 Physical Limitation: Ignorant of Earth Society (Infrequently; Greatly Impairing)
10 Physical Limitation: Alien Anatomy (Requires special medical care) (Infrequently; Greatly Impairing)
20 Psychological Limitation: Code Vs Killing (Common; Total)
15 Psychological Limitation: Emotionaly Distant (Common; Strong)
15 Social Limitation: Public ID (Frequently; Major)
20 Vulnerability: 2 x STUN Fire (Common)
20 Vulnerability: 2 x BODY Fire (Common)
10 Vulnerability: 2 x Effect Mental Effects that use the memory of his family (Uncommon)

Disadvantage Points: 150

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

It fits, it is 64 Active points for all three powers, with a real cost of 62/10=6

50: 8 levels of Density Increase (+40 STR), +1/4 Advantage

02: +2 PD

02: +2 ED

10: DR 10/10

---

My apologies,

I was reading the 64/62 as the cost on the Density Increase alone. I need to start reading a little more carefuly before responding in such fashion.

Sorry,

HM

Excellent thread. And Excellent Work on the Characters. However...

Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum[/Quote]

Don't quite agree with this for Martian Manhunter, or at least the "Vacuum" part. In "In Darkest Night", Superman, MM and Hawkgirl all wear spacesuits on the airless moon of the "destroyed" planet. Ditto for their flight to Oa - everyone is in GL's bubble, not flying on their own. OTOH, at the very start of "War World", I can't recall if Supes and MM were suited or not while working outside the Javelin-7 - I think they were, tho'.

Also, Hawkgirl doesn't fly on the airless moon either, suggesting that her Flight comes from her wings not from a n-Metal belt (or whatever it is in the comics). In the Dr Despero episode, she also has a nightmare of her wings being bound and falling - she wouldn't have this nightmare if her wings weren't the source of her flight.

One other thing about Hawkgirl's mace - she used it to defribulate (sp) GL in the Joker's-bombs-in-Las-Vegas episode. Should this be a power, or just a "special effect" of the power (if the latter, it's a pretty powerful special effect!!!)?

IMHO, FWIW (and IIRR applies too!).

However, in "Knight Time" (the Superman-takes-over-for-Batman episode) he's above the atmosphere (at least briefly) without a space suit and seemed perfectly comfortable.

In the comics, not long after the Crisis, they established that while he does need to breath (and that alone would be a good reason for a space suit), Superman said to Hawkman, just before Supes went EVA without a suit, "I can hold my breath a long time."

I'd suggest that Superman does have the Low Pressure and High Pressure safe environments, and probably the Extended Breathing option, though clearly not "No Need To Breath".

MM and Superman were both in space suits in the War World episode. I don't think he has that life support function. Not at all sure he does well in high pressure' date=' either. I don't think it has come up in the show.[/quote']

Superman has safe environment High and Low Pressue, he just does not have self contained breathing any more. I believe that Mars qualifies as a Low Pressure Environment. IMO Manhunter could probably handle hard vacuum for a bit as well but would have to hold his breath just like Superman. Especially if Flash could survive a few seconds of hard vacuum in the Savage Mass Driver Satelite episode.

HM

Anyone can survive a few seconds of hard vacuum. I doubt Mars in the DC Universe has the same low pressure that it has in the RW. That MM would have no problem at the top of Mt. Everest I can well believe. He may even, with his control over his own molecules, be able to survive for minutes in space. But probably no more (though in the Invasion comics series I think he space flew with just a breather. But I'm not sure about that). Superman has worked with just a breathing mechanism many many times, including in the animated series. He and J'onn must have been intending to be EVAing for quite a while for him to need a spacesuit.

In the first Aquaman story, Supes, MM, and WW exit the Javelin underwater with just breathing masks (I can't remember if GL had one too, but I think not). Since they are at the bottom of the ocean, looking over a sunken Boomer, I think this qualifies for "High Pressure" for their Life Support.

Before I hear it:

He should have more knowledge skills

He should have more science skills

He should have higher stats

He should have a couple of Vehicles and followers

He should have more contacts

He should have a base

He should have some overall skill levels

He should have more skills

He should have some more damage classes

His MA styles have silly names

However I got him done on 350 points, I am of course refering to Batman

Animated Batman

Player:

Val Char Cost
20 STR 10
23 DEX 39
20 CON 20
10 BODY 0
28 INT 18
14 EGO 8
20/30 PRE 10
14 COM 2
10/15 PD 3
10/15 ED 3
4 SPD 7
8 REC 0
40 END 0
30 STUN 0
6" RUN02" SWIM04" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 120

Cost Power END
Bat Armor, all slots: OIF (-1/2)
10 1) Armor (5 PD/5 ED) (15 Active Points)
5 2) Cape: +2 with DCV (10 Active Points); Restrainable (-1/2)
4 3) +10 PRE (10 Active Points); To Scare Only (-1)
56 Utility Belt: Variable Power Pool (Gadget), 30 base + 26 control cost, Cosmic (+2) (75 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), May only carry 12 items, must change at a base Slightly Limited (-1/4)
Powers Cost: 75

Cost Martial Arts Maneuver
Bat Fu
4 1) Block: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort
4 2) Dodge: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort
4 3) Punch: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, STR +2d6 Strike
5 4) Kick: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +1 DCV, STR +4d6 Strike
4 5) Disarm: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, Disarm; +10 STR to Disarm roll
3 6) Throw: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +1 DCV, STR +v/5, Target Falls
Zen Batarangs
3 1) Defensive Shot: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +2 DCV, Range +0, Strike
4 2) Ranged Disarm: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, Range +0, Disarm, +15 STR
3 3) Trip: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +0 DCV, Range +0, Strike +v/5, Target falls
Martial Arts Cost: 34

Cost Skill
2 +1 Batarangs
3 Acrobatics 14-
3 Acting 13- (15-)
3 Breakfall 14-
3 Bugging 15-
3 Climbing 14-
3 Combat Driving 14-
3 Combat Piloting 14-
3 Concealment 15-
3 Criminology 15-
6 TF: Common Motorized Ground Vehicles, Combat Aircraft, Helicopters, Small Motorized Boats, Small Planes, Spaceplanes, Two-Wheeled Motorized Ground Vehicles
5 Deduction 16-
3 Demolitions 15-
3 Electronics 15-
3 Forensic Medicine 15-
3 High Society 13- (15-)
3 Interrogation 13- (15-)
3 Inventor 15-
3 Lockpicking 14-
3 Mechanics 15-
3 Paramedics 15-
3 Security Systems 15-
3 Shadowing 15-
5 Stealth 15-
3 Streetwise 13- (15-)
3 Systems Operation 15-
3 Tactics 15-
3 Teamwork 14-
Skills Cost: 90

Cost Perk
10 Fringe Benefit: Leader of Bat Team, Membership in the JL
15 Money: Filthy Rich
Perks Cost: 25

Cost Talent
6 Combat Luck (3 PD/3 ED)
Talents Cost: 6

Val Disadvantages
5 Dependent NPC: Alfred 8- (Normal; Useful noncombat position or skills)
10 Dependent NPC: Commisioner Gorden 8- (Normal; Useful noncombat position or skills; Unaware of character's adventuring career/Secret ID)
15 Dependent NPC: Select Gotham PD (Harvey & Montoya) 8- (Normal; Unaware of character's adventuring career/Secret ID; Useful noncombat position or skills; Group DNPC: x2 DNPCs)
10 Hunted: Joker 8- (As Pow; Harshly Punish)
20 Hunted: Ra's Ala Goul 8- (As Pow; Harshly Punish; Extensive Non-Combat Influence; PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find)
10 Hunted: Rouge Gallery 8- (As Pow; Harshly Punish)
10 Hunted: Gotham PD 8- (Mo Pow; Watching; Extensive Non-Combat Influence)
15 Psychological Limitation: Mysterious & Enigmatic (Common; Strong)
20 Psychological Limitation: Code vs Killing (Common; Total)
15 Psychological Limitation: Drivin to protect Gotham City (Common; Strong)
15 Social Limitation: Secret ID (Frequently; Major)
5 Vulnerability: 1 1/2 x Effect Mental Attacks that use the memory of his parents (Uncommon)

On the UT belt, the GM has two options on how to run it depending on the level of realism wanted:

More cinimatic: Character can pull any thing out of it, after pulling 12 different items must return to an appropriate place to restock

More realistic: He must provide the list before time

I suggest the first, but please no Bat-Shark Repellent :joint:

Excellent thread. And Excellent Work on the Characters. However...

Don't quite agree with this for Martian Manhunter, or at least the "Vacuum" part. In "In Darkest Night", Superman, MM and Hawkgirl all wear spacesuits on the airless moon of the "destroyed" planet. Ditto for their flight to Oa - everyone is in GL's bubble, not flying on their own. OTOH, at the very start of "War World", I can't recall if Supes and MM were suited or not while working outside the Javelin-7 - I think they were, tho'.

Also, Hawkgirl doesn't fly on the airless moon either, suggesting that her Flight comes from her wings not from a n-Metal belt (or whatever it is in the comics). In the Dr Despero episode, she also has a nightmare of her wings being bound and falling - she wouldn't have this nightmare if her wings weren't the source of her flight.

One other thing about Hawkgirl's mace - she used it to defribulate (sp) GL in the Joker's-bombs-in-Las-Vegas episode. Should this be a power, or just a "special effect" of the power (if the latter, it's a pretty powerful special effect!!!)?

IMHO, FWIW (and IIRR applies too!).

Without checking the file: I did not think I gave her the Nth Metal belt, wonder if I posted the wrong file as the one listed here only has the restrainable lim on her wings...

Without checking the file: I did not think I gave her the Nth Metal belt, wonder if I posted the wrong file as the one listed here only has the restrainable lim on her wings...[/Quote]

I didn't check either, to be honest :o, but there was a discussion of Hawkgirl's Flight up-thread which I actually had in mind, which I should have stated. My bad.

Don't worry about it Mantis, been known to do that myself

Anyways, have to admit was really unhappy with Bats, so went back and removed the VPP, exchanged it for a more classical MP. Some items have been seen on the show (He used the knuckles vs the Martians, the tamper switch was also used once, etc...). Other Items were placed in for the sake of "this is cool". Same with the skills, still feel he needs more, but lets face facts, he is the most powerful member of the team and has almost no sweeping lims, he's tough to do

Animated Batman

Player:

Val Char Cost
20 STR 10
23 DEX 39
20 CON 20
10 BODY 0
28 INT 18
14 EGO 8
20/30 PRE 10
14 COM 2
10/15 PD 3
10/15 ED 3
4 SPD 7
8 REC 0
40 END 0
30 STUN 0
6" RUN02" SWIM04" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 120

Cost Power END
Bat Armor, all slots: OIF (-1/2)
10 1) Armor (5 PD/5 ED) (15 Active Points)
5 2) Cape: +2 with DCV (10 Active Points); Restrainable (-1/2)
4 3) +10 PRE (10 Active Points); To Scare Only (-1)
20 Utility Belt: Multipower, 30-point reserve, all slots: (30 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)
1u 1) Batlines: Swinging 20", Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2) (30 Active Points); OAF (-1)
1u 2) Batarangs: Energy Blast 6d6 (vs. PD) (30 Active Points); 6 Recoverable Charges (-1/4), Beam (-1/4)
1u 3) Exploding Batarangs: Killing Attack - Ranged 1d6 (vs. ED), Penetrating (+1/2), Explosion (+1/2) (30 Active Points); 12 Charges (-1/4), Beam (-1/4)
1u 4) Smoke Bombs: Darkness to Sight Group 3" radius (30 Active Points); 6 Continuing Charges lasting 1 Turn each (-1/4), Beam (-1/4)
1u 5) Gas Bombs: Energy Blast 3d6 (vs. ED), No Normal Defense Standard (+1) (30 Active Points); 6 Charges (-3/4), Beam (-1/4)
1u 6) Darts: Drain one Characteristic 1d6, 6 Continuing Charges lasting 1 Minute each (+0), Variable Effect One Power At A Time (+1/4), Delayed Return Rate (points return at the rate of 5 per Minute) (+1/4), Ranged (+1/2), Continuous (+1) (30 Active Points); Beam (-1/4), Can Be Missile Deflected (-1/4)
1u 7) Flash Pellets: Flash 4d6 (Sight Group), Explosion (+1/2) (30 Active Points); 12 Charges (-1/4), Beam (-1/4)
1u 8) Energy Knuckles: Hand-To-Hand Attack +4d6, Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2) (30 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2)
1u 9) Tamper proof belt: Killing Attack - Ranged 1d6 (vs. ED), Trigger (+1/4), +1 STUN Multiplier (+1/4), Penetrating (+1/2) (30 Active Points); No Range (-1/2), 12 Charges (-1/4), Beam (-1/4)
1u 10) Tracking Device: Detect A Class Of Things 15-, Increased Arc of Perception: 360-Degree, Range, Sense, Telescopic (+3), Variable Advantage (+1/4 Advantages +1/2) (30 Active Points); OAF (-1)
1u 11) Radio: High Range Radio Hearing (12 Active Points)
1u 12) Skill Kits: +2 with all non-combat Skills (16 Active Points)
Powers Cost: 51

Cost Martial Arts Maneuver
Bat Fu
4 1) Block: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort
4 2) Dodge: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort
4 3) Punch: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, STR +2d6 Strike
5 4) Kick: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +1 DCV, STR +4d6 Strike
4 5) Disarm: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, Disarm; +10 STR to Disarm roll
3 6) Throw: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +1 DCV, STR +v/5, Target Falls
1 7) Weapon Element: Fist-Loads
Zen Batarangs
3 1) Defensive Shot: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +2 DCV, Range +0, Strike
4 2) Ranged Disarm: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, Range +0, Disarm, +15 STR
3 3) Trip: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +0 DCV, Range +0, Strike +v/5, Target falls
Martial Arts Cost: 35

Cost Skill
2 +1 Batarangs
3 Acrobatics 14-
3 Acting 13- (15-)
3 Breakfall 14-
3 Bugging 15-
3 Climbing 14-
3 Combat Driving 14-
3 Combat Piloting 14-
3 Concealment 15-
3 Criminology 15-
6 TF: Common Motorized Ground Vehicles, Combat Aircraft, Helicopters, Small Motorized Boats, Small Planes, Spaceplanes, Two-Wheeled Motorized Ground Vehicles
5 Deduction 16-
3 Demolitions 15-
3 Electronics 15-
3 Forensic Medicine 15-
3 High Society 13- (15-)
3 Interrogation 13- (15-)
3 Inventor 15-
2 Language: Japanese (fluent conversation)
3 Lockpicking 14-
3 Mechanics 15-
3 Paramedics 15-
3 Security Systems 15-
3 Shadowing 15-
5 Stealth 15-
3 Streetwise 13- (15-)
3 Systems Operation 15-
3 Tactics 15-
3 Teamwork 14-
3 KS: Super Heroes & Villains (INT-based) 15-
3 SS: Criminology (INT-based) 15-
3 SS: Psycology (INT-based) 15-
2 KS: Buisness World 11-
3 Traveler
2 1) CK: Gotham City (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
2 2) CuK: Gotham Citizens (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
2 3) CuK: Organised Crime (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
1 4) CuK: Martial Artist (2 Active Points) 11-
Skills Cost: 113

Cost Perk
10 Fringe Benefit: Leader of Bat Team, Membership in the JL
15 Money: Filthy Rich
Perks Cost: 25

Cost Talent
6 Combat Luck (3 PD/3 ED)
Talents Cost: 6

Val Disadvantages
5 Dependent NPC: Alfred 8- (Normal; Useful noncombat position or skills)
10 Dependent NPC: Commisioner Gorden 8- (Normal; Useful noncombat position or skills; Unaware of character's adventuring career/Secret ID)
15 Dependent NPC: Select Gotham PD (Harvey & Montoya) 8- (Normal; Unaware of character's adventuring career/Secret ID; Useful noncombat position or skills; Group DNPC: x2 DNPCs)
10 Hunted: Joker 8- (As Pow; Harshly Punish)
20 Hunted: Ra's Ala Goul 8- (As Pow; Harshly Punish; Extensive Non-Combat Influence; PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find)
10 Hunted: Rouge Gallery 8- (As Pow; Harshly Punish)
10 Hunted: Gotham PD 8- (Mo Pow; Watching; Extensive Non-Combat Influence)
15 Psychological Limitation: Mysterious & Enigmatic (Common; Strong)
20 Psychological Limitation: Code vs Killing (Common; Total)
15 Psychological Limitation: Drivin to protect Gotham City (Common; Strong)
15 Social Limitation: Secret ID (Frequently; Major)
5 Vulnerability: 1 1/2 x Effect Mental Attacks that use the memory of his parents (Uncommon)

Just for Fun here is a Blanaced 250pts SUPER MAN. Obiously all his powers are watered down but I belive the main ones are all here.

SUPERMAN

CHARACTERISTICS

60 STR 40 –¼ #

26 DEX 38 –¼ #

28 CON 29 –¼ #

12 BOD 3 -¼ #

10 INT 0

10 EGO 0

18 PRE 6 –¼ #

15 COM 2

12 PD 0

10 ED 3 -¼ #

6 SPD 17 –¼ #

18 REC 0

56 END 0

50 STN –5 –¼ #

TOTAL 133 pts

SKILLS/PERKS

2 P.S. REPORTER 11<

1 PERK (PRESS CREDENTIALS)

3 pts

POWERS

15 EC POWERS OF SUPERMAN

41 15Pd 15Ed ARMOR, HARDENED

15 15†FLIGHT

15 FULL LIFE SUPPORT

15 1D6 RKA, PENETRATING AUTO FIRE

80 pts -1/4 #

20 MULTI POWER (SUPER FAST)

2u x32 NON COMBAT FLIGHT

2u FASTER THAN LIGHT TRAVEL

1u INSTANT CHANGE

20 pts -¼ #

20 N RAY VISION (LEAD)

10 +7†TELESCOPIC VISION

10 +7†TELESCOPIC HEARING

-½ NOT PERSISTENT

-½ FULL PHASE ACTIVATION

-½ COSTS END

-½ x2 END

12 pts -¼ #

3 ULTRA SONIC HEARING

2 pts -¼ #

# NOT IN THE PRESENCE OF

KRIPTONITE.

DISADVANTAGES

10 PUBLIC ID (SUPERMAN)

15 SECRET ID (CLARK KENT)

20 REP (GREAT AND VALIANT

SUPER HERO) 14< EXTREME

20 CODE AGAINST KILLING

20 PROTECTOR OF THE WORLD

20 HUNTED BY LEX LUTHOR 11<

15 DNPC LOIS LANE 11<

10 DNPC JIMMY 8<

10 SUSCEPTIBLE TO KRIPTONITE

3D6 EVERY 5 MINUTES

10 PATRIOTIC (USA)

150 pts

Awesome job on these write-ups, JmOz - I hope you know I'm stealing these!! :D

Some questions, though - so I don't have to go poking through the rules FAQ or bug Steve - about this Flash Power:

Hand-To-Hand Attack +4d6' date=' Autofire (5 shots; +1/2), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1) (50 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2)[/quote']

How would this work in play, exactly?

"20 STR +4d6 Hand-to-Hand (at 0 END)= 8d6 Strike at 2 END" is simple enough, but how does the Autofire work?

Since Autofire isn't bought for the STR, does that make it an "8d6 at 2 END" Strike, plus 4 additional 4d6 Attacks at 0 END?

Or is the 4d6 from STR Autofire "for free" because of the additive nature of Hand-to-Hand Attack, so Flash can do Five 8d6 Strikes (for 10 END)?

Please help me, oh Champions Gurus, for this Bug is confused...

:think:

Awesome job on these write-ups, JmOz - I hope you know I'm stealing these!! :D

Some questions, though - so I don't have to go poking through the rules FAQ or bug Steve - about this Flash Power:

How would this work in play, exactly?

"20 STR +4d6 Hand-to-Hand (at 0 END)= 8d6 Strike at 2 END" is simple enough, but how does the Autofire work?

Since Autofire isn't bought for the STR, does that make it an "8d6 at 2 END" Strike, plus 4 additional 4d6 Attacks at 0 END?

Or is the 4d6 from STR Autofire "for free" because of the additive nature of Hand-to-Hand Attack, so Flash can do Five 8d6 Strikes (for 10 END)?

Please help me, oh Champions Gurus, for this Bug is confused...

:think:

I think I can help you out AngryBug,

Any advantages bought on HA's affect an equal amount of active points of STR for free. If you have a 5d6 HA (25 active points) and add Armor Piercing only to the HA active points:

[25 active *(+1.5 for AP)/(-1.5 for HA) = 25 real points]

you can use up to 25 STR and have a 10d6 AP punch but if you happen to have a higher STR you lose the AP advantage unless you buy it for the STR as well. I only really got this recently after Gary explained it to me as well.

HM