THRILLING PLACES -- What Do *You* Want To See?

Steve Long

Re: THRILLING PLACES -- What Do *You* Want To See?

Yesterday I thought about a museum, and a quick search of the thread shows that it's been mentioned twice in separate contexts, so in a way I'm only seconding it. A museum of antiquities, complete with an "Egyptian Room," a "Celtic Room," and a "Prehistory Room," could be the starting point (if not centerpiece) of many a pulp adventure.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The South China Sea: pirates, rocky little islands, shallow that the lowest of low tides reveal, plots, unknown species of sea creatures, politics, --- heck, just about any kind of Pulpy goodness you could ask for. ;)

Since everyone has already mentioned the cool stuff, I will simply "me too" the following:

Ships - Passenger Liner and Cargo Ship

China Town (or equivelent), but rather than a specific adventure, make it a complete write-up and map that can be "dropped into" a GM's city or adventure.

China Town (or equivelent), but rather than a specific adventure, make it a complete write-up and map that can be "dropped into" a GM's city or adventure.

Well, TP isn't intended as a book of adventures per se -- every location in the book is one suited for easy transplanting into the campaign of your choice. ;) In some cases the type of adventure associated with a location will be pretty obvious, and of course the locations will come with plot seeds, but we've got plenty of specific adventures already in our Hero Plus Adventures line. :hex:

Well' date=' TP isn't intended as a book of adventures [i']per se[/i] -- every location in the book is one suited for easy transplanting into the campaign of your choice. ;) In some cases the type of adventure associated with a location will be pretty obvious, and of course the locations will come with plot seeds, but we've got plenty of specific adventures already in our Hero Plus Adventures line. :hex:
And that is Exactly what I want ! I can usually come up with the adventure but if some of the hard work is done for me as far as the location is concerned, so much the better !

And that is Exactly what I want ! I can usually come up with the adventure but if some of the hard work is done for me as far as the location is concerned, so much the better !

Hopefully many people will agree, and many many books will be sold, and we will be able to do more along these lines. Rob and I certainly have plenty of ideas for cool locations; the trick with this book is winnowing all of our cool concepts down to a single book's worth. ;)

Hopefully many people will agree' date=' and many many books will be sold, and we will be able to do more along these lines. Rob and I certainly have plenty of ideas for cool locations; the trick with this book is winnowing all of our cool concepts down to a single book's worth. ;)[/quote']

Aint it the truth ! Which reminds me I still have to populate my "lost island" for tomorrows game ! Well if the first book goes well we can hope for more. Realistically I guess "Pulp" is a minority interest inside a minority interest so we (the fans) will just have to keep buying the books to encourage you (the writers) the produce more stuff ! (Quote Tom Lehrer : "Smut" : "More ! More ! I'm still not satisfied !")

after they're many pages long, and probably too late to offer much useful input

Just because you come late to the party doesn't mean you can't bring some tasty food or new music! You're always welcome to make suggestions up to the point where I say that the writing of the book is finished. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

...or maybe start a "Leftover Hero" series of books (from each genre). ;)
Ah yes. "Leftover Hero" ! This is the guy who turns up the day after that party and eats all the leftover food/ drinks all the bizarre forms of booze that people have bought and NEVER gets sick, regardless of how "off" the salmon mousse was !

And just for fun' date=' a map and picture of a London police box (blue, naturally). ;)[/quote']

As long as the hex grid is to scale. Then I will be able to settle that pesky question of the true size of the inside of a tard...err..police box.....