Best SuperHero Fights ever

starblaze

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Best SuperHero Fights ever

Marvel's Thor is the height of Comic Nobility, he is honorable and proper.

I had not read anything like that in my mythology books.

I'd say Thor was more of a working-man's god in the original myths -- he was honorable by Norse standards. Certainly more so than his old man!

EDIT: And one of my favorite Thor battles -- I forget the issue, but when a cursed (by Hela, with brittle bones) Thor takes on the Midgard Serpent. That issue rocked on toast.

I have a fondness for a lot of the Marvel big brick fights like - Hulk vs. Thor, Hulk vs. Thing. Shockwaving streets, spinning the other person so fast they drill into the ground, etc. Good times.

I have a fondness for the fight in the issue that really got me into supers comics, Uncanny X-Men #178 - second part of the BoEM ambush of the X-Men. That and the first part in the prior issue were pretty cool.

Lots of those already mentioned are great. I also enjoy the solo hero vs. team of bad guys fights a lot - Spider-Man vs. Sinister Six, etc. The hero gradually takes on the villains one-on-one, tricks them into taking each other out, etc. Fun stuff.

I'd say Thor was more of a working-man's god in the original myths -- he was honorable by Norse standards. Certainly more so than his old man!

EDIT: And one of my favorite Thor battles -- I forget the issue, but when a cursed (by Hela, with brittle bones) Thor takes on the Midgard Serpent. That issue rocked on toast.

Thing is, Herakles could be described the same way....honourable by the standards of his culture and certainly more so then his father (though not by much in this case.) Of course interpreting that for modern sensibilities changes all of that around.

Thing vs Champion [in an old Marvel 2 in 1 annual] "Ya only won on a technicality. Ya didn't really beat me."

One of my very favorite comics ever. :thumbup:

Wrass-Lor vs. Monkey in Dial M for Monkey (from the Dexter's Lab cartoon).

"Never have I seen such fighting spirit! Little Monkey, I will spare your planet!" (said by Randy "Macho Man" Savage -- that distinct voice really makes the moment!) :thumbup:

...which is an homage to the above Annual. I about ******* when I saw that cartoon. So cool! And yes, Macho Man's voice was simply awesome. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Wrass-Lor vs. Monkey in Dial M for Monkey (from the Dexter's Lab cartoon).

"Never have I seen such fighting spirit! Little Monkey, I will spare your planet!" (said by Randy "Macho Man" Savage -- that distinct voice really makes the moment!) :thumbup:

The Macho Man in a cartoon? Well, he's practically a cartoon character already...

Hulk vs the Marvel Universe (piecemeal) in "What If... The Hulk Went Berserk". Particularly the confrontation with Power Man and Iron Fist when Hulk catches Danny's hand as he unleashes the Iron Fist, reflecting it back and shattering Danny's arm. Then Hulk proceeds to backhand Power Man through seemingly every skyscraper in Manhattan...

Not a Hulk fan, but wow.

VtR