A Thread for Random Videos

Super Squirrel

Is this the brand James Bond prefers?

I don't know if Craig's Bond is permitted to smoke. In the Fleming novels Bond is well-off enough that he can afford to get custom-blended cigarettes, identitied by four gold bands on the butt.

It is surprising that a naval officer (Bond was supposedly a Commander in the Royal Navy) can afford the lifestyle he enjoys even off the job. Perhaps MI-6 feels they need to maintain him in the lifestyle of a well-heeled playboy so that nobody raises an eyebrown when he jets all over the world (Jet travel was a big deal in the early 1960s, and a symbol that you'd really made it). Or perhaps he really was "old money".

Posting this here so I can find it again when I get home: John Danaher - The Threat of Algocracy: Reality, Resistance and Accommodation

https://vimeo.com/144630904

(discusses the possibility of governance by algorithm.  Starts with an example of a guy who had his drivers license revoked because some face matching software did it automatically