A Thread for Random Videos

Super Squirrel

The final confrontation between Duncan and Xavier is enjoyable for multiple reasons.

Weaponry: Duncan's two-handed curved katana (a deeply personal inherited symbol of the samurai) versus Xavier's one-handed straight-edge Charles V bronze shortsword (an impersonal tool for a job likely pilfered centuries ago).

Personality: Duncan, the noble soldier versus Xavier, the coldly pragmatic poisoner.

Location: The duel starts on the second story of Xavier's refuge, goes down the stairs, briefly continues on the first floor, and then concludes outside the residence.

Defied expectation: Both men lose their weapons before momentarily engaging in unarmed combat (Duncan relies on refined martial arts whereas Xavier utilizes no-nonsense punches), and the fight ends with each man using the other's sword.

Bonus points: Duncan faring just as well with the shortsword as he would with his katana (the man makes a habit of being widely proficient with various implements of violence) and his neat little kick-flip trick. Xavier having a hook-hand (unusual for a combatant, mortal or immortal).

I remember reading a review years ago, where the author was annoyed about Xavier St. Cloud not having regrown his lost limb. I actually hadn't considered that possibility until I read the review. Nevertheless, it was good to see Xavier back in action. Roland Gift is a decent actor, and he made a good recurring villain; he even made a couple of cameos (via flashbacks) in later episodes.

Highlander is still one of my all-time favorite TV series.

Edit: The Quickening scene in Unholy Alliance is one of my favorites.

I've been a fan of clear bases for my miniatures. I don't usually trim the metal bases, though.

EDIT: These bases work great when rebasing Heroclix or Mage Knight miniatures. There are several videos on YouTube for doing that.

Edited by tkdguy
Additional information