A Thread for Random Videos

Super Squirrel

Re: A Thread for Random Videos

Weird Al was planning to put this on his new album, and was counting on it to be the big single to sell the album. He didn't need Lady Gaga's permission to do this but it is his policy to ask permission anyway. Lady Gaga made him jump through a lot of hoops then said "No" at the end. Here's Al's blog post about it.

I'm not a Lady Gaga hater or fan, or a Weird Al hater or fan, I just thought the whole thing was an interesting read.

Lady Gaga's taking alot of heat for her song's similarity to Madonna's Express Yourself, and I think Al's rendition just highlights the similarities.

Edit: And FWIW I'm not a Gaga hater either. She seems to be the next evolution of glam music to me, and what I've heard has been catchy pop music. I hear echoes of Express Yourself in Born This Way but wouldn't call it a rip-off.

Weird Al was planning to put this on his new album' date=' and was counting on it to be the big single to sell the album. He didn't need Lady Gaga's permission to do this but it is his policy to ask permission anyway. Lady Gaga made him jump through a lot of hoops then said "No" at the end.[/quote']

The funny thing being, if she had just said "no" after receiving the lyrics, instead of making him actually record the song, it probably wouldn't have ever gotten recorded. After all, why go to the bother and expense? Gotta love irony.

This was posted over in the Thor movie thread, but it deserves to be here too.

A new version of the Little Vader VW commercial. (It's not what you think.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPNjWWQqWCA

The little details are funny too. The name on the dog's dish, the action figure on the bed, the coffee cup on the counter, the license plate number on the car.

Could someone send me a pm so I have some idea who the pursuers are' date=' who the quarry is, and whether they are supposed to be frikkin humans???[/quote']

The guy in the white tank top is our hero, he's also the guy who in the real world developed Parkour. Everyone is human, and the people chasing our hero are the local crime lord's thugs.