A Thread for Random Videos

Super Squirrel

Re: A Thread for Random Videos

Wait...did I miss a campaign log? When did her sister die? How many secure military bases did Shion take out?

In the canon future of K5, Marta is killed when a Hong Kong Triad decides to assault the 88 Exchange (Zhen Zhen's business.) She dies ensuring Zhen Zhen can escape. Shion hears the news, travelst o Hong Kong and eradicates said Triad from the face of the Earth. This occurs circa 2040 if you so wish.

American society has been tainted by Slavery, racial, and and gender intolerance from day one. Of course, so are other nations. I'm proud of America (this includes you, Canadians) not because we invariably uphold the highest standards, but because when we realize the difference between out ideals and our actual behavior, we do not adjust those ideals to reflect "reality". Rather, we start mobilizing people to change the reality to more closely reflect our ideals. When I was born, not only were blacks being lynched in the deep South, but, despite the repeal of slavery, law and custom in most states tacitly enforced a two-tiered system, where white European-descended Americans received preferential treatment over people of color. Where the law did not overtly allow such discrimination, it was promoted anyway as the "traditional " way of doing things.

Things are better today. There are still groups who believe that they should receive preferential treatment because they're white, but they aren't the mainstream anymore. Racism isn't dead-and-gone, but it's getting there, and as long as we don't become complacent, we'll continue digging its grave until it's something people have to have explained to them. I hope their response is along the lines of "...But that's just crazy!" Because it is.

The vid I posted above is one of those things where you start watching, your chin drops, and you find yourself watching the whole thing. Not so much because it's so profound that you're mesmerized by the beauty of it, but because it's so bizarre that whenever you start to look away, some part of your brain says "Hang on a bit. I'm sure this will start making sense any second now." By the time you find out it doesn't, you've sat through 13 minutes of... whatever it is?

The vid I posted above is one of those things where you start watching' date=' your chin drops, and you find yourself watching the whole thing. Not so much because it's so profound that you're mesmerized by the beauty of it, but because it's so bizarre that whenever you start to look away, some part of your brain says "Hang on a bit. I'm sure this will start making sense any second now." By the time you find out it doesn't, you've sat through 13 minutes of... whatever it is?[/quote']

The Gmod Idiot Box! I love that show!