A Thread for Random Videos

Super Squirrel

Re: A Thread for Random Videos

That's why I always ask for "light" or "easy" ice. Of course when I'm asked for it when doing concession volunteering' date=' I reply with "all our ice weighs the same" or "all of the ice is easy to get."[/quote']

Which is why I say "no ice."

Which is why I say "no ice."

True, but I only ask for that when the coolness isn't important, nor the taste. The mixture is determined based on a certain amount of water melting into the drink, and no ice tends to be noticed by my taste buds.

I used to never mind iced drinks until a certain fast food restaurant in New Mexico decided it was okay to pack their opaque styrofoam cups with shaved ice, coloring it with a slight amount of soda and sell you what amounts to a snowcone with insufficient syrup. I got in the habit of specifying "no ice" and decided I like it that way.

In my IE9, Xavier's post shows no video, while Mattingly's does:

Get it wrong... and they dock ya!

When quoting them, I can see a distinct difference in the code used for them. Zavier's used the video=youtube;###### tag with the url contained inside the opening & closing tags, while Mattingly's just has the bare link in his post.

I think it's funny that people still use IE.

There are still a lot of websites optimized for it. By optimized I mean "configured to fail hard when viewed with anything else."

For example: earlier this year I (briefly) signed up for unemployment benefits in Illinois. The IDES website warns new visitors right up front to shut down their non-IE browser and come back using IE, or they won't be able to use any IDES services.

So I use Firefox as my "default" browser, but having IE as a backup is a necessary evil.

So I use Firefox as my "default" browser' date=' but having IE as a backup is a necessary evil.[/quote']

Both Firefox and Chrome have IE Tab plugins that allow you to view "IE Only" pages in that particular browser. Of course you still have to have IE installed for the plugins to work, and Windows for that matter.