A Thread for Random Videos

Super Squirrel

Don't Come Around Here No More

I heard this on the radio tonight on the way home and remembered how much I love the song and the video. I went to look it up and found this kick ass live performance :rockon:

The Heartbreakers' guitarist, Mike Campbell, is really underrated. Petty always thought it was a shame that he fell under the shadow of The Heartbreakers as a group and never got the individual accolades he deserves. (Hmm, maybe this should go in that other thread...)

Re: A Thread for Random Videos

New Wave Alice Cooper =P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8NRreDSXio

"I'm a clone

I know it and I'm fine

I'm one and more are on the way

I'm two, doctor

Three's on the line

He'll take incubation another day

I'm all alone, so are we all

We're all clones

All are one and one are all

We destroyed the government

We're destroying time

No more problems on the way

I'm through doctor

We don't need your kind

The other ones

Ugly ones

Stupid boys

Wrong ones

We're all clones

Six is having problems

Adjusting to his clone status

Have to put him on a shelf

"Please don't put me on a shelf"

All day long we hear him crying so loud

I just wanna be myself

I just wanna be myself

I just wanna be myself

Be myself

Be myself

We destroyed the government

We're destroying time

No more problems on the way

I'm through doctor

We don't need your kind

The other ones

Ugly ones

Stupid boys

Wrong ones "

[...]

Are there at least the scripts (or even transcripts) of them' date=' so the contents of their stories could be read?[/quote']

Better than that. Not only do scripts and transcripts exist for all the episodes, but at least for the entire Troughton run the entire soundtracks were preserved. Combine that with stills from the episodes and you can rather effectively recreate a "lost" story. It's not a typical viewing experience, but it is preserved. I managed to watch "Evil of the Daleks" that way (the story in which the producers attempted to eliminate the Daleks because they no longer wanted to spar with Terry Nation over the rights to the signature monster).

During the 1980's a published called Target Books held the rights to novelize not only then-current episodes of Doctor Who but past and "lost" episodes as well. They were releasing eight to twelve novels a year over the span of several years before the BBC decided they would handle the publication themselves. Among the writers they hired to adapt the scripts was former companion Ian Marter -- who adapted several of the Troughton serials and wanted very much to write an actual episode (and died before he could get the chance).

Better than that. Not only do scripts and transcripts exist for all the episodes, but at least for the entire Troughton run the entire soundtracks were preserved. Combine that with stills from the episodes and you can rather effectively recreate a "lost" story. It's not a typical viewing experience, but it is preserved. I managed to watch "Evil of the Daleks" that way (the story in which the producers attempted to eliminate the Daleks because they no longer wanted to spar with Terry Nation over the rights to the signature monster).

During the 1980's a published called Target Books held the rights to novelize not only then-current episodes of Doctor Who but past and "lost" episodes as well. They were releasing eight to twelve novels a year over the span of several years before the BBC decided they would handle the publication themselves. Among the writers they hired to adapt the scripts was former companion Ian Marter -- who adapted several of the Troughton serials and wanted very much to write an actual episode (and died before he could get the chance).

I wonder if anybody has thought of using the soundtracks, and mating them with animation/CGI to recreate those the TV episodes...