A Thread for Random Videos

Super Squirrel

Re: A Thread for Random Videos

This is awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC0JPs-rcF0&sns=fb

I'm afraid this is going to be an uphill battle all the way. (watch video before clicking spoiler)

True story: After last spring's freak-of-nature windstorm left our "3rd world county" with a shortage of skilled tradesmen to repair all the damage, one of the local community colleges allocated rather a lot of money for full-paid scholarships for any local high school grads who wanted to study a skilled trade: we needed electricians, plumbers, carpenters, and so on. This was in the spring, right before graduation, in the middle of the worst recession in living memory. Most of the local kids have no way to pay for college, and here was a "free ride" being offered to learn a valuable skill.

There were exactly zero takers on the deal. Nobody signed up. Rack up another self-inflicted wound for America.

The guy with the twisty mustache won first prize at a contest I almost went to. He's my barber & he has a wonderful monologue about how waxing your eyebrows brightens your eyes... a fact that cannot be disproved by quantum science.

I doubt I will ever get my eyebrows waxed... ever... but that's more about my aversion to salesmanship than my barber's coolness.

first time I've seen that.

Even funnier was the closing screen. "Do you leave your computer on all night for fear that something terrible will happen to it? Well, no more, friend! Thanks to Microsoft, It's Now Safe to Turn Off Your Computer! Millions of people do it every day! Their computers don't explode! Their computers don't catch fire! Yours won't either! Yes, thanks to Microsoft, It's Now Safe to Turn Off Your Computer!"

What is a wookiee?

A human is a featherless' date=' biped animal.[/quote']

A wookiee is a featherless, biped animal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1QI4P0YqtM&feature=related

Diogenes plucked a chicken and brought it into Plato's Academy.

Behold! I've brought you a man.

... and then my head popped.

A human is a featherless' date=' biped animal... with broad flat nails.[/quote']

A wookiee is a featherless, biped animal... with retractable claws.