A Thread for Random Videos

Super Squirrel

Re: A Thread for Random Videos

This is a movie about a terror attack on a Super Bowl played at the Orange Bowl in Miami, between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Dallas Cowboys.

When I saw it on TV, it was played on the night of the Super Bowl.

Played at the Orange Bowl in Miami.

Between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Dallas Cowboys.

Thankfully there was no terror attack at the real game.

This is a movie about a terror attack on a Super Bowl played at the Orange Bowl in Miami, between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Dallas Cowboys.

When I saw it on TV, it was played on the night of the Super Bowl.

Played at the Orange Bowl in Miami.

Between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Dallas Cowboys.

Thankfully there was no terror attack at the real game.

There's a write-up about that very incident in "The Football Hall of Shame". And apparently, the year before that in 1978, ABC pulled the same boneheaded move by airing a film called "Superdome" (which also starred David Janssen of "Two Minute Warning") right before that Super Bowl.

It is. But when CBS aired "Black Sunday" back in '79 right before the big game' date=' coincidentally the Super Bowl that year was played at the Orange Bowl -- between the Steelers & Cowboys.[/quote']

Yes, I understood that part, I was just supplying the movie title.

As i recall Black Sunday wasn't a particularly good movie. The notion of stealing the Goodyear Blimp must have been comfortably ludicrous even then.

Then again, that's what we used to think about crashing jetliners into skyscrapers....

Today, of course, movies have channels all to themselves so things like that won't happen anymore. And the Super Bowl is such a huge event now that security is obsessively tight.

As i recall Black Sunday wasn't a particularly good movie. The notion of stealing the Goodyear Blimp must have been comfortably ludicrous even then.

Then again, that's what we used to think about crashing jetliners into skyscrapers....

Today, of course, movies have channels all to themselves so things like that won't happen anymore. And the Super Bowl is such a huge event now that security is obsessively tight.

Book was better. Blimp wasn't stolen, pilot was subverted.

so before "WTF Japan" it was "WTF France"?

France was the birthplace of the fantasy film. Stage magicians like Georges Méliès discovered film and started using it both to augment their acts and to do things traditional illusionists couldn't. This is the age of "Trip to the Moon" and other groundbreaking shorts.