A Thread for Random Videos

Super Squirrel

Re: A Thread for Random Videos

I never knew Jerry Orbach could sing.

He created El Gallo, the character that sang that song in The Fantasticks. If you pick up the original soundtrack, you'll be blown away by his voice. This one is especially notable for reasons way beyond his amazing voice. [Link] (Note that this politically incorrect song has been replaced for years.)

And as has been said, he was Lumiere in Disney's B&B.

cast_jerryorbachlumiere.jpg

Are you kidding Frampton Comes Alive! was one of the seminal albums of the 70's, Everyone had it.

220px-Frampton_Comes_Alive.jpg

Only Dark Side of the Moon was bigger.

For those who came after, the album everyone had was 'Bat Out of Hell' by Meatloaf. I don't have Peter Frampton albums. Or Pink Floyd ones either...

I never knew Jerry Orbach could sing.

Really? Before Law & Order (and during its run -- since it was shot in New York actors could do double-duty in live theatre) he was one of Broadway's most in-demand musical actors. He originated the role of Billy Flynn in Chicago, was in the original cast of The Fantasticks (where "Try to Remember" came from) and was the voice of Lumiere in Disney's Beauty and the Beast.

For those who came after' date=' the album everyone had was 'Bat Out of Hell' by Meatloaf. I don't have Peter Frampton albums. Or Pink Floyd ones either...[/quote']

I have (in either CD or MP3, or both), Frampton Comes Alive, Bat Out Of Hell, and the entire Pink Floyd discography (yes... even the Final Cut).