A Thread for Random Videos

Super Squirrel

She could have a great future in dance, and not the nasty kind. Her athleticism and grace remind me of the Nicholas Brothers, whose mind-blowing number in the film Stormy Weather is probably upstream on this thread. Her enthusiasm is also genuine and contagious.

In a different way, she reminds me of Maddie Ziegler, the young dancer who fills in for Sia in her music videos. Some of these are masterpieces of modern dance. Take the breathtaking, heartbreaking "The Greatest":

On 2/6/2019 at 9:28 AM, Lord Liaden said:

A crisp, vivid CGI reproduction of scenes from Star Trek: The Motion Picture, showcasing the most graceful, elegantly beautiful space ship design in sci-fi history.

I think we should remember that what we can do with CGI would not be possible without what John Dykstra did without it. The sequence being redone here was one of his finest achievements, even though the rest of the movie had no hope of living up to it (I don't think Roddenberry had any idea of the sort of movie he wanted to make after working in television all his life. somehow it got followed up with Wrath of Khan, one of the all-time classic SF adventures and the prototype for the many "duel pictures" that followed.)