A Thread for Random Videos

Super Squirrel

On 8/30/2020 at 1:55 PM, death tribble said:

They say it's fake. They say it does not matter and it is not serious. But this is really intense. This is one of the Wrestlemania 5 promos.

"Fake" is a relative term that reflect a judgment of value (or, in this case, the lack of same). But even scripted, the athleticism and power of a professional wrestler at a high level is something to be admired. Some of the moves, if you are not prepared to deal with them, could be deeply injurious or even fatal. So maybe "fake" is not the right term.

On 8/30/2020 at 9:44 PM, IndianaJoe3 said:

What an exciting bad idea this is! This little number presents a few entertaining ergonomic opportunities. The external flange (aka the base) is really very small, without rounded edges. This makes for a very likely, rather unpleasant fishing expedition when the poor bottom finds that their own poor bottom has scuttled that cheap little submarine of pain to Davy Jones locker in one of many involuntary convulsions. 

Alternatively, consider the opposite scenario.  The smooth little insertable has a very good chance of being launched across the room quite amusingly, at least in retrospect. Especially with the shocking amount of voltage, you could turn yourself into an agonized, convulsing cannon to the great amusement of anyone who would have stopped you if they were reliable partners. 

Finally, if ever there was a time to shell out a few extra clams, to not pay bottom dollar, it is certainly when playing with insertables and electricity. This little number (2?) will definitely leave the buyer looking like a shocking a-hole. 

3 hours ago, Cygnia said:

I don't want to be a reverse-snob, but more often than not, I tend to like the less expensive wines to tipple.

Yep! I really like the Apothic blends, and that’s the most I need to spend!  My (very rich, usually very frugal) friend poured me a glass of a ‘68 Margaux, in spite of my protests that it was a terrible waste of great wine on an ignorant tongue, and it definitely tasted like wine. 

2 hours ago, BoneDaddy said:

Yep! I really like the Apothic blends, and that’s the most I need to spend!  My (very rich, usually very frugal) friend poured me a glass of a ‘68 Margaux, in spite of my protests that it was a terrible waste of great wine on an ignorant tongue, and it definitely tasted like wine. 

I don't drink, but what you mention is similar to a thing that happens to me which I refer to as "eating above my pay grade". There are very few expensive or artisan foods that I actually enjoy because the finer points are all lost on me. The more easily I can cook it the likelier it is that I'll eat it. Even letting other people choose my pizza toppings is like a challenge to my agency.

The more expensive a dish (or drink) is, the longer I'll take to finish it -- because I never know when I'll get another chance to have that taste of actual expense/luxury.

Normally, for our anniversary, we go to this one Japanese place in Cleveland for omakase.  It ain't cheap, so I savor and linger over each bite. 

18 minutes ago, Cygnia said:

The more expensive a dish (or drink) is, the longer I'll take to finish it -- because I never know when I'll get another chance to have that taste of actual expense/luxury.

Normally, for our anniversary, we go to this one Japanese place in Cleveland for omakase.  It ain't cheap, so I savor and linger over each bite. 

We have had a couple of upper-tier restaurants we've gone to over the years, but the best of them closed a few years back (though the chef has opened a new one that COVID has prevented us from checking out).  And we have been following one sushi chef around from site to site here in Seattle over the last 15 years or so (he's on his ... 4th? place of employ since we discovered him).  We don't do movies, theatre, or travel to speak of (even before COVID disrupted everything) ... all things considered, since we don't do props or minis, RPGs are a pretty cheap hobby, monetarily ... so it fits in a reasonable entertainment budget when you average it over a year.