A Thread for Random Videos

Super Squirrel

And now something I recall vividly from the 70s. Two clips, the same song by the same artist broadcast by the BBC. The first one is censored subtly for the costumes the Claudettes, the backing dancers for Claude Francois wore. This was broadcast on a Tuesday If I Recall Correctly after 9:00 pm which was the watershed. The second clip was on a Saturday around 8:30 but was broadcast from France and you can see the difference in the costume. A bit more racy and certainly for the 70s. The first clip was up for a while from a different uploader and was then taken down, I have just found out that someone else uploaded it.

Claude Francois recorded a song which was adapted to become the song My Way for the English speaking audience

There is a longer segment with this next clip introduced by Cliff Richard.

On 12/24/2020 at 4:07 PM, death tribble said:

And now something I recall vividly from the 70s. Two clips, the same song by the same artist broadcast by the BBC. The first one is censored subtly for the costumes the Claudettes, the backing dancers for Claude Francois wore. This was broadcast on a Tuesday If I Recall Correctly after 9:00 pm which was the watershed. The second clip was on a Saturday around 8:30 but was broadcast from France and you can see the difference in the costume. A bit more racy and certainly for the 70s. The first clip was up for a while from a different uploader and was then taken down, I have just found out that someone else uploaded it.

Claude Francois recorded a song which was adapted to become the song My Way for the English speaking audience

1973 just called. Jon Pertwee wants his suit back.

Otherwise, a surprisingly good clip. Claude Francois did not have a bad voice at all, and he did seem to have a solid stage presence even with the distraction factor of half a dozen barely-dressed dancers.