A Thread for Random Videos

Super Squirrel

4 hours ago, IndianaJoe3 said:

Huh, it must be a cultural thing.  CoC is a fine enough game, especially if your country enjoys movies like The Ring.  Modern horror is great stuff in general but, I just never got into the game because the characters have the longevity of a mayfly in a microwave. 

To each their own I guess.

5 hours ago, Tjack said:

Huh, it must be a cultural thing.  CoC is a fine enough game, especially if your country enjoys movies like The Ring.  Modern horror is great stuff in general but, I just never got into the game because the characters have the longevity of a mayfly in a microwave. 

To each their own I guess.

There's quite a bit about Japanese pop culture that sometimes makes me question whether the Japanese are quite right in the head. Then again, I have the same question about Americans. :think:

I have played Dungeons and Dragons and Call of Cthulhu. With the former you build up your character and try to save them from getting killed and you have a cleric to restore your hit points.

Then you have CoC. You are running around with shotguns and tommy guns. And the more you find out the crazier you can become. Some of best games I have had have been CoC ones in tournament play. You get used to the fact that your character will be torn to pieces or driven insane. It is a great change of pace from D+D

On 7/27/2021 at 6:38 PM, IndianaJoe3 said:

Call of Cthulhu is a great game; it's one of the many excellent games that Chaosium has produced.

It's annoying that so many people only want to play the latest edition of D&D. I don't even care for the editions WOTC has produced. When I have a rare chance to actually run a game these days, I run different systems and genres to let people know about them. I haven't run HERO since 5e, but I will see if folks are willing to try it again.