A Thread for Random Videos

Super Squirrel

On 8/27/2021 at 7:54 PM, tkdguy said:

tkdguy, I don't know if you've ever watched much anime outside of OVAs, but it's funny how some folks looking in from the outside idolize Japanese culture. I say "funny", because, if you notice the common themes/scenarios throughout most anime, you'll pick up on some deep-seated desires.

* The desire to travel to new places...new lands.

* The desire to meet new cultures.

* The desire to become more outgoing and to make new friends.

* The desire to solve conflicts through the power of friendship (barring the most reprehensible of fiends, the protagonist/s try to show villains mercy).

In short, that is how some of most creative and thoughtful Japanese people wish they could be despite the popular stoic behavior their culture seemingly prizes.

These videos are for L. Marcus and for all sword practitioners. Here's how you can practice iaido, kendo, or other weapon-based martial arts at home. You can use other items; I used an escrima stick to avoid trashing my room.

Some warm-up drills

And this quick workout. Warm up beforehand; these exercises can be pretty tiring.

On 8/14/2021 at 5:07 AM, Tjack said:

This is one of the oldest “Lawyer/Trial tricks” trope ever.  I remember Raymond Burr doing this on Perry Mason back in the Black & White TV days.   Still cool though.

My father was fond of saying "The law is an ass."

--- --- ---

--- --- ---

--- --- ---

--- --- ---

On 8/29/2021 at 2:19 AM, tkdguy said:

The Friend Zone...a hell second only to the Phantom Zone.

On 9/1/2021 at 9:40 PM, Ragitsu said:

My father was fond of saying "The law is an ass."

--- --- ---

--- --- ---

--- --- ---

--- --- ---

The Friend Zone...a hell second only to the Phantom Zone.

“The law is an ass.”  Is a quote from Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens.
    I first heard it because it was the title of Robert Ingersoll’s column in Comics Weekly.  He was a comic book writer who was also a lawyer and used to do funny columns about how both Bruce Wayne and Benton Quest should have Child Protective Services after them or how Matt Murdock was the worst lawyer in the world.

3 hours ago, Ragitsu said:

I was with him until he got to “yellow people”.  First, they started it.  Second, they had been killing off yellow, white and brown people’s for some time before they started up with us.

I have no problem accepting responsibility for the things my country has done in the past.  What I will not put up with is revisionist historians who decide in advance that White/America equals wrong and bends the truth to get to that answer.

Find me a country in all of history that hasn’t done the same crap or worse and then we can talk.