[Interest in an online game?] Avengers: Generation 3

Snake Gandhi

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: [interest in an online game?] Avengers: Generation 3

I wouldn't mind more time between "their prime" and the new wave, myself. But it's all good.

Anywho, I have a few ideas. One includes the offspring of T'Challa who does not successfully complete the Wakandan trials to assume the throne. He ends up donning the black panther garb with some alterations (he hasn't earned the right to be the BP, but he has the vibranium mesh suit and claws, etc) and... uses a newer model of the Falcon's wings. He calls himself the Raptor (so the claws are called "talons" now :P)

The Vision, never quite over the loss of his children... builds a child for himself. The Vision is, thus, Gepetto and Pinocchio in one. He's essentially the same design as Vision. There's lots of potential here for connections to Wonder Man, too, either conflicts or a "my two dads" situation. He'd have developed more individuality than Vision 2.0, but his design also includes failsafes to prevent him from being used for evil (hardwired anti-evil stuff??)

(as a side note, can Wonder Man produce offspring, himself, since he's composed of energy? Other than him, I think only Namor might be incapable of being a baby daddy).

Another idea would be the offspring of Whirlwind and the Wasp. Whirlwind, as longtime Avengers fans know, is practically obsessed with Pym. Seducing the Wasp away from him might be considered a triumph. Essentially, the offspring would have the mutant "speed" gene from dad and may or may not have access to mom's abilities (size, stings, etc). Dad's a lousy role model, it's time to make up for some things.

I also like the Son of She-Hulk, idea. What kind of supertough kid might grow up with the uninhibited She-Hulk as mom? Wyatt Wingfoot or Luke Cage as dad? Oy. He's only half-hulk, so not nearly as tough, but "growing up gamma" means he's probably seen adventure most of his life and is no slouch.

I also like the Son of She-Hulk' date=' idea. What kind of supertough kid might grow up with the uninhibited She-Hulk as mom? Wyatt Wingfoot or Luke Cage as dad? Oy. He's only half-hulk, so not nearly as tough, but "growing up gamma" means he's probably seen adventure most of his life and is no slouch.[/quote']

Heh. One of my "son of Hercules" ideas was to be the son of Herc + She-Hulk. :D Tough combination! "The Green Lion of Olympus"? :think:

ZEMO

(working on other concepts too, but this one got down "on paper" first. Would likely have to change a good bit if we go with the further-future game idea)

“You have interfered for the last time Captain!†shrieked Helmut Zemo as he lept into combat with Captain America, while his allies in the latest Masters of Evil incarnation battled the other Avengers. They struggled for a time until the tide of battle swept them apart. As the flag-suited Avenger lept over the scrum to re-engage the enemy’s leader, Zemo pulled out a version of his father’s famous “death ray†and leveled it at the charging Sentinel of Liberty.

“Don’t do it Zemo! I’m too close! The blast will…†Captain America cried in vain. “Die cursed Avenger!†was Zemo’s response, and he fired as the Captain was almost upon him. The blast, deflected from the Avenger’s shield, struck Zemo full-force, and he crumpled instantly.

“No! Hank! Anyone! Help me!†Rogers shouted as he ignored the other Masters of Evil and began attempts to revive the fallen Zemo, tearing his hood off to administer CPR to the twisted, ravaged face of his enemy. The other villains, disheartened at their leader’s downfall, fled the battle. The other Avengers gathered to try to assist Captain America’s efforts, but it was in vain. Eventually Thor laid a hand on Steve’s shoulder and told him, “It is done Captain. He has passed to the next realm – even Dr. Blake could not have saved him. Mayhap he may now find the peace he ne'er could in life.â€

Watching all this, tears streaming down his face, was young Harbin Zemo, 12-year old son of Helmut, grandson of Heinrich, named after a famed ancestor. He was physically perfect – a well-paid Arnim Zola had seen to that. Growing up around his father and his associates such as Zola and Techno, the child quickly displayed a growing technical proficiency. It was clear that some day the lad might match, or even exceeed, even Heinrich Zemo’s scientific mastery. “I shall conquer the world, but Harbin will reshape it†Helmut was fond of saying.

Eventually the Avengers noticed the young man, and deduced who he was. “What’ll we do with him?†Hawkeye asked. Captain America looked at Harbin, and recalled his first meeting with Helmut as the Phoenix, when he had tried to turn him from his father’s path but had failed. If only he could have met him sooner, or had a better chance...and what were the alternatives? Turn the child loose to be snatched up and used by someone like the Red Skull? Send him to an orphanage that wouldn’t be able to handle him?

“He comes with us.†With that simple sentence, Harbin Zemo’s life took a very different course. At first he was angry and rebellious, sullen and bitter. He was angry at his father’s death, but was conflicted – after all, his father had essentially died by his own hand, and his greatest enemy had tried desperately to save him, even in the heat of battle. But they were the cursed Avengers! And so his internal turmoil raged, made no easier by his transition into his teen years. He learned a great deal around the Avengers, as he did earlier around his father’s associates, observing experiments, exercising with Captain America, etc.

They never punished him for being his father’s son, only for his own transgressions (and in the early years, there were many) – treating him as his own person, not as a part of a hated foe. They rarely even mentioned his father or grandfather around him. One day in order to learn more of his identity, he managed to crack open the Avenger’s files and read the various reports on his father and grandfather. He was shocked and ashamed by what he found. He had read things online and had seen the various Biography shows, but they were not nearly as detailed as the Avengers’ own files.

His grandfather had intentionally poisoned Wonder Man, but Simon never mentioned it, but instead had helped teach him baseball and chatted amiably about Hollywood. When he had a crush on a certain starlet, Simon had even gotten him an autographed picture. Both his father and grandfather had tried to kill Captain America numerous times, harming and killing his friends in the process – Heinrich was even responsible for the death of Cap’s first partner, Bucky Barnes. But Steve was always kind and fair with him, even continuing the self-defense training Harbin had begun under his father’s tutelage. These were the people his family had tried so hard and so long to destroy? Perhaps the kindest, most selfless people in the world? What his forebears would have seen as weakness, things like trying to save your enemy’s life, showing kindness to his heir instead of snuffing out the line, Harbin began to see as the highest nobility. And Jarvis…mein gott, Jarvis. He had never given any indication of what he had been put through. It was through him he had learned so much, including Jarvis’ sense of how extraordinary the Avengers were as people, not just as powerful individuals, and what an honor it was to be associated with them. It was Jarvis who found him tearing up at the console, and who comforted him at this difficult time, reinforcing the point to Harbin that despite who his relatives might be, he was his own man, and did not have to follow their path. He could make his own choices.

Fueled by what he now considered the shame of his family, Harbin resolved to restore honor to the Zemo name and follow the example of those like the Avengers instead of would-be dictators like his father and grandfather. He continued to learn what he could from the various Avengers, as well as from outside schools and instructors. Reclaiming his family’s fortune, he gave the bulk of it away to various Holocaust-related funds and other charities. The remainder he used to begin to build a legitimate fortune, one not built upon the blood and ashes of others. Also recovering the notes and journals of Heinrich and Helmut, he added that knowledge to his own.

Today, as a new wave of Avengers is forming, Zemo will try to take his place among them, to try to do his part to repay the debt he feels he owes to the World’s Mightiest, and most compassionate, Heroes.

ZEMO

Watching all this, tears streaming down his face, was young Harbin Zemo, 12-year old son of Helmut, grandson of Heinrich, named after a famed ancestor. He was physically perfect – a well-paid Arnim Zola had seen to that. Growing up around his father and his associates such as Zola and Techno, the child quickly displayed a growing technical proficiency. It was clear that some day the lad might match, or even exceeed, even Heinrich Zemo’s scientific mastery. “I shall conquer the world, but Harbin will reshape it†Helmut was fond of saying.

Or, in the words of Antoinette Stark, "Yum! Gorgerous guy at six o'clock! Now, how do I get him out on the town without it slipping out that I'm Iron Girl? Looks like I'll need to invent some anti-paparrazzi technology -- the trcky part is going to by making digital cameras useless without interfering with cell-phones and laptop computers. A challenge!"

There is nothing on Earth more dangerous and terrifying than a celebutante with a brain.

Love-child of an Eternal and a certain bouncy' date=' blue biochemist? ;)[/quote']

Like that would happen. Like the kid would even be out of diapers in under a century. I was thinking the immortal Eternal herself.

I think the point totals sound wonderful. Does the 25-point Avengers package come out of that total, or do we effectively get 600 points, of which 25 is already committed to the package? (Just asking because I am both literal-minded and remote-gaming inexperienced.)

I think the point totals sound wonderful. Does the 25-point Avengers package come out of that total' date=' or do we effectively get 600 points, of which 25 is already committed to the package? (Just asking because I am both literal-minded and remote-gaming inexperienced.)[/quote']The latter. Your character will be 600 total, with 25 going towards the Avenger package.

I like the point total. I would still like to see a sample Iron Man suit, so I can see what sort of customizations I can make to make Iron Girl's version distinctive. No, it won't be PINK. Antoinette may be a celebutante, but she's smart and does have some class. (She's seen that it is advantageous in business of people think she's harmlessly flighty -- but the reality is anything but.)

But Antoionette makes an impression wherever she goes, and so does Iron Girl.

SWARM

(idea 2 of too many :o )

In some ways, Janet Van Dyne’s pregnancy was an easy one. She had realized that she was pregnant of course, and the tests confirmed it, but something was different. She never ‘showed’, and did not gain any noticeable weight. More involved tests by her doctors and her husband, Hank Pym, discovered why. Their child was forming inside Janet, apparently healthy and whole, but was extremely small. Even at full-term, the baby would only be a fraction of an ounce. Apparently the parents’ long-term exposure to Pym particles had had an effect on the child.

As the pregnancy came to term, Dr. Pym transferred the child from Janet’s womb to a special incubator, and was able to tap into the Pym-potential in the child to make it grow to a normal baby’s size. The relieved couple named the child Arthur Gordon Pym, after their respective grandfathers. (editor’s note – I have no idea if their grandparent’s names were ever established)

Growing up, Arthur learned to control his size changes, being able to switch easily from his “natural†tiny size to his “giant†normal-human size easily. He also found that he had normal human strength in his small size, and immense strength at his “giant†size. As he grew, he picked up not only his father’s scientific skills, but also a significant measure of his mother’s social graces. Growing up as the child of famous public heroes wasn’t always easy, but thankfully there were some other children, such as Franklin Richards, around that he could more easily relate to.

Now, with the world again threatened by menaces only the AVENGERS could deal with, Arthur joins the group his parents helped found. Armed with his inherent abilities and gear patterned after his parents’ (such as a cybernetic helm, bioelectric stingers and genetically-grafted wings) Swarm will try to make his own small contribution.

I like the point total. I would still like to see a sample Iron Man suit' date=' so I can see what sort of customizations I can make to make Iron Girl's version distinctive. No, it won't be PINK. Antoinette may be a celebutante, but she's [i']smart[/i] and does have some class. (She's seen that it is advantageous in business of people think she's harmlessly flighty -- but the reality is anything but.)

But Antoionette makes an impression wherever she goes, and so does Iron Girl.

Couple examples here: http://www.sysabend.org/champions/

But Iron Man's stuff changes all the time. Build it how you want. If it keeps you from getting killed, flies, can pick up a truck and fire repulsor blasts, the rest is gravy. :)

Captain Marvel

(#3. Ok, I think I'll stop for now. :o Basic concept.)

With all the crud Rick Jones had been exposed to on a regular basis over the years – Gamma radiation, Nega-Band energy, Galadoran Neutralizer rays, etc etc. – it’s not surprising that at least some of his descendents would be born mutants. So when Steven Bruce Jones began coming into his powers as a teen, it was not a shock.

(yadayadayada, fill in more later :) )

Now, Steve has adopted the costumed identity of Captain Marvel, a twin nod to one of Rick Jones’ old partners, and to Monica Rambeau, whose powers Steve’s so closely resemble. Avengers Assemble!

Here's my idea for a character :)

Marvel

Alter Ego: Daniel Williams

Known Relatives: Simon Williams (Wonder Man, father), Carol Danvers (Ms. Marvel, mother), Eric Williams (Grim Reaper, uncle)

Group Affiliation: Avengers, Former New Mutant

Base of Operations: New York City, NY

Height: 6’ 2†Weight: 237 lbs.

Eyes: Blue Hair: Sandy Blonde

First Appearance: Avengers – Generations III #1

History: Born to the former Avengers Wonder Man and Ms. Marvel, Daniel Williams was a fairly normal child. His father semi-retired from superhero activity after his birth, opting to become and actor and talk-show host, while his mother worked for the Department of Homeland Security. By his teens, Dan began showing traits that both his parents had once had, which had them both concerned about his potential. Opting for him to learn how to control his abilities rather than try and find a “cureâ€, the couple enrolled their son into Xavier’s School for Gifted Youngsters. There, Dan was watched over by his “Uncle†Hank and trained to use his abilities while also joining the X-Men’s junior team, The New Mutants.

By the time he reached eighteen, Dan decided that, while he enjoyed his time at Xavier’s, he really wanted the legacy of his parents to go on. So, after graduation, he left the school and got a job on his father’s talk show as a voice actor on one of the featured comedic cartoons that showed during breaks. By nineteen, Dan moved from voice acting to animation and design, creating his own cartoons for a variety of shows and even doing some of the voice acting when he could. On one day, as he was flying home, he caught glimpse of his mother battling a Kree Sentry alone. Reacting on pure impulse, he flew to his mother’s side and helped defeat the automaton, saving his mother’s life. Realizing that he could do more good, Dan went home that night and began designing a costume based slightly on his parents’ identities. Over the next week, he contacted a few friends that he’d made while at Xavier’s and had a costume made for him. Calling himself Marvel, he made his grand debut battling Scorpion (see Scorpion III).

Still reeling from the experience, he returned home that evening to his mother and father seething with anger. After being screamed at for over an hour, he explained to them his motivations and that he was only trying to do what they’ve always taught him: To be responsible and to do good. Reluctantly, they agreed to let him continue as Marvel with the explicit understanding that he does so carefully. Since then, his parents have given him a costume that’s more fitting, as well as getting him a PR agent.

Personality: Dan’s has all the makings of a hero. He’s kind, believes in the common good and tries to be as responsible as possible. But he’s not perfect either. In some situations, Dan’s been known to get a little cocky, especially when the cameras are around or a woman’s there to impress (a trait his mother blames on Simon). In his spare time, he likes to draw or meet with his friends to hang out. He doesn’t keep a secret identity, as he’s been in the public eye for quite sometime now/

Quote:

Powers & Tactics: Marvel is quite strong (100+ tons lifting capacity), durable and has a natural ability to fly. As an offshoot of his father’s abilities, he can also fire blasts of energy from his eyes, an ability that he’s come to call his “Ion Visionâ€. The costume he wears is made from unstable molecules and, while it does a lot to protect itself, provides Dan with no armor.

Appearance: In costume, Marvel wears a black and gold outfit with a stylized “M†on his chest. His arms are left open and he has strapped boots and short gloves. In his regular clothes, Dan tends to wear jeans and t-shirts.

Vincent Astro was the grandson of Angelica Jones and Vance Astro. He inherited his mutant power of pyrokinesis from them, combining their two power sets into one.

Knowing the family history, he has decided to go into the family business and earn his right to be a hero worthy of the same respect as Firestar and Justice.

CES