Wolverine Regeneration

Mr. Negative

This has probably been posted before, but I couldn't locate it with a Forum search, so:

More for my own edification than for game use, how DO you write up Wolverine's regeneration?

Most specifically, I'm looking for the X-Men "movie regeneration" rather than that from the comic books. Let me lay out what I perceived as it's defining characteristics, so that anyone with a good idea might be able to model it.

Logan regenerates rapidly, but not immediately, from his wounds. The bullet to the head takes some time to heal.

Logan recovers from every individual injury quite rapidly. It doesn't appear that multiple "minor" injuries are as threatening as a single major injury. He loses consciousness in the wreck, in the Sabertooth fight, when impaling himself to escape, and when shot in the head, but the many, many cuts inflicted by Deathstrike seem to heal very rapidly (during the course of the combat), and any injuries caused by the soldier's shooting were gone by the time the combat was over. This is the most difficult part for me to simulate, as HERO normally represents BODY healing as recovering points of total BODY lost, rather than healing every single BODY injury.

Logan is susceptible to stunning (and seems to recover stun slower than Body). He remains unconscious for quite some time following his first fight with Sabertooth, and his "brush" with Rogue. However, he does recover much more quickly from normal attacks than others. Lady Deathstrike's claws and the soldier's bullets pain him, but don't seem to inconvenience him severely.

He recovers from toxins quite rapidly. The paralysis darts used on the others don't seem to work. This might simply be bought as immunity to "this, that, and the other", but I'm unsure if his resistance is that quick, or if he should recover attributes from Drain Attribute attacks.

He doesn't seem to tire easily. He seems to wake up from unconsciousness and have plenty of energy (e.g. END). He grabs Jean immediately upon awakening, and then strides down the halls of the mansion. He certainly doesn't appear winded (although little of this uses END).

Healing (BODY & Stun) doesn't seem to work too well, as there appears to be no upper limit of body damage that Logan can heal (as all of his injuries heal until they are gone). From the movie it is unclear if he would actually recover from death, but as Lady Deathstrike has apparently similar abilites, and was apparently killed, it would appear that he does not. In addition, Healing, even if always on, is apportioned out between injuries, rather than healing every single injury simultaneously (it would appear, for example, that Logan heals from 6 3 point wounds faster than 1 18 Body wound, but just as fast as from 1 3 BODY wound). Note that his cigar burn takes at least as much time to heal as the presumably more lethal attacks of Deathstrike.

Regeneration doesn't seem to work, as it also applies to total BODY lost, rather than per wound, plus, getting it up to heal Logan rapidly would require an ENORMOUS amount of regeneration, as he can evidently heal from what would otherwise be mortal blows in a matter of seconds.

Any solution that seems to reflect Logan's abilities seems ridiculously high-powered, but Logan's regeneration doesn't, on the surface, seem too powerful. He can be hurt, easily (like with a cigar), he can be rendered unconscious (with a single bullet, no less), he can be knocked unconscious for a substantial amount of time (at least the travel time from the site of the Sabertooth ambush to Westchester), and can evidently be killed by sufficently deadly attacks (like molten adamantium, so possibly even by burning or caustic agents). Can you think of a way to represent this without a total boatload of points?

Give him less CON, more REC. That'd make him easier to Stun and let him pop up after getting KO'd pretty fast.

For the resistance to toxins, buy LS.

For the minor cuts healing at combat speed, a low amount of resistant defenses defined as "instant healing."

For bigger regen, some regular old vanilla regen.

You are forgetting SFX. There are number of schticks that can be explained away as "Regeneration".

For the annoyance scratches, thats just a SFX of Damage Resistance; he regens the damage so fast its like he never took it. 6 PD 6 ED Hardened sounds good; wont stop a bullet, but will prevent the 'death by 1000 cuts' of Lady Deathstrike.

As for the bullet to the head, thats just a classic example of a high STUN multiple going off. Little BODY got through, but the STUN was too much and knocked him out. Same with the car crash; he got knocked into "GMs discretion land" by the STUN.

For the Quick Recovery, give Wolvie a REC equal to his STUN and END, or very close. Even a REC of say 30 would bring him to his feet ready to rumble fast once he was allowed to take a Recovery by the GM. An impractically high REC could be an interesting facet for a regenerator.

Vs the sleeping darts, twofold; give him both LS vs All toxins and All Poisons with the Extra Time (Extra Segment) and Requires CON Roll limitations. Also, give him Power Defence to make him resistant to Drain based poisons/drugs.

As for his actual Regeneration, he could probably get by with 5 Body/TURN. Combined with Damage Resistances and maybe even Damage Reduction that should be plenty.

Just give him Damage Reduction and Regeneration.Damage Reduction simulates his Fast Healing Abilities and Resistances to Toxins/Tranquilizers.Defenses are not that high and no resistant Defenses.Con-Value is about 20,that's sufficient.Body is high.He needs it,to take larger amounts of Killing Damage and represents his Adamantium Skeleton.By that way,he is hard to kill,but it still possible tu stun him or even knock him out.

Here is a very high-ball pass. Trim down to suit.

Val Char Cost
18 STR 8
23 DEX 39
30 CON 40
30 BODY 40
15 INT 5
25 EGO 30
25/50 PRE 15
10 COM 0
6 PD 2
6 ED 0
6 SPD 27
50 REC 80
60 END 0
50 STUN -4
9" RUN 6
4" SWIM 2
8 1/2" LEAP 5
Characteristics Cost: 295
attachment.php?s=&postid=67979

Cost Power END
7 Quick Healing: Damage Resistance (6 PD/6 ED), Hardened (+1/4) (7 Active Points)
15 Healing Factor: Power Defense (15 points)
22 Healing Factor: Healing 3d6 (max. Healed Points: 18), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (60 Active Points); Extra Time 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2) [Notes: Regeneration; No Healing Max (see FREd p. 120).]
11 Healing Factor: Life Support , Immunity: All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents, Immunity: All terrestrial poisons and chemical warfare agents (20 Active Points); Extra Time Extra Segment, Only to Activate Constant or Persistent Power (-1/4), Delayed Phase (-1/4), Requires A CON Roll (-1/4)
12 Altered Metabolism: Life Support , Eating: Character only has to eat once per week, Extended Breathing, Longevity: 400 Years, Safe in High Radiation, Safe in Intense Cold, Safe in Intense Heat, Sleeping: Character only has to sleep 8 hours per week
20 Armored Skeleton: Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% (30 Active Points); BODY Only (-1/2)
3 Armored Skeleton: Lack Of Weakness (-3) for Resistant Defenses
6 Armored Skeleton: Knockback Resistance -3"
45 Armored Skeleton: Hand-To-Hand Attack +3d6, Inherent (+1/4), Invisible Power Effects, SFX Only (Fully Invisible; +1/2), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2), Persistent (+1/2), Damage Shield (+1/2), Offensive (+1/4), Continuous (+1) (67 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2)
25 Mental Feedback: Ego Attack 1 1/2d6, Inherent (+1/4), Damage Shield (+1/2), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2), Persistent (+1/2), Continuous (+1) (56 Active Points); No Conscious Control (-2), Only Effects cannot be controlled (+1), Does Not Provide Mental Awareness (-1/4)
5 Feral Mind: +5 Mental Defense (10 points total)
92 Claws: Multipower, 138-point reserve, all slots: (138 Active Points); Restrainable (-1/2)
8u 1) Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 4d6 -1 (plus STR) (vs. PD), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2), Armor Piercing x2 (+1) (137 Active Points); No Knockback (-1/4)
8u 2) Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 4d6 -1 (plus STR) (vs. PD), Autofire (5 shots; +1/2), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1) (137 Active Points); No Knockback (-1/4)
8u 3) Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 6d6 (plus STR) (vs. PD), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2) (135 Active Points); No Knockback (-1/4)
9u 4) Tunneling 1" through 30 DEF material, Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2) (138 Active Points)
8 Claws: Clinging (28 STR) (14 Active Points); Restrainable (-1/2), Cannot Resist Knockback (-1/4)
20 Claws: Find Weakness 11- (Related Group of Attacks)
20 Tracking: Tracking (Smell/Taste Group; Additional Sense Group: Hearing Group), Sense Affected As Another Sense (+0)
40 Heightened Sences: Targeting Sense (Smell/Taste Group; Additional Sense Group: Hearing Group)
5 Heightened Sences: Nightvision, Sense Affected As Another Sense (+0)
15 Heightened Sences: Enhanced Perception (+5 to PER Rolls for All Sense Groups)
11 Snikt, bub: +25 PRE (25 Active Points); Offensive Only (-1), Must "pop claws" out (-1/4)
Powers Cost: 415

Cost Martial Arts Maneuver
16 +4 HTH Damage Class(es)
Commando Training
3 1) Akido Throw: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +1 DCV, STR +4d6 +v/5, Target Falls
4 2) Boxing Cross: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, STR +6d6 Strike
4 3) Choke: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +0 DCV, Grab One Limb; 4d6 NND
4 4) Escape: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, +35 STR vs. Grabs
4 5) Hold: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, -1 DCV, Grab Three Limbs, +30 STR for holding on
4 6) Judo Disarm: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, Disarm; +30 STR to Disarm roll
4 7) Kung Fu Block: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort
1 8) Weapon Element: Clubs
1 9) Weapon Element: Knives
Kenjutsu
1 1) Weapon Element: Empty Hand (Bind, Block, Disarm, Evade, Takeaway maneuvers only)
0 2) Weapon Element: Blades
5 3) Takeaway: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, Grab Weapon, +30 STR to take weapon away
5 4) Slashing Stroke: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +1 DCV, Weapon +8 DC Strike
5 5) Sacrifice Stroke: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, -2 DCV, Weapon +8 DC Strike
5 6) Running Stroke: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +0 DCV, Weapon +4 DC +v/5; FMove
4 7) Lightning Stroke: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +0 DCV, Weapon +6 DC Strike
4 8) Block: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort
4 9) Evade: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort
4 10) Bind: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +0 DCV, Bind, +30 STR
4 11) Disarm: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, Disarm; +30 STR to Disarm roll
Martial Arts Cost: 86

Cost Skill
20 +2 Overall
10 +2 with HTH Combat
10 +2 with DCV
3 Acrobatics 14-
11 Animal Handler (Canines, Felines, Other: Voles, Ursines) 17- (22-)
3 Breakfall 14-
3 Bribery 14- (19-)
3 Climbing 14-
3 Combat Driving 14-
7 Concealment 14-
3 Deduction 12-
10 Defense Maneuver: I-IV
3 Interrogation 14- (19-)
3 Language: Japanese (completely fluent)
2 Navigation (Land) 12-
5 Rapid Attack (HTH)
3 Shadowing 12-
3 Stealth 14-
3 Streetwise 14- (19-)
4 Survival (Arctic/Subarctic, Mountain) 12-
3 Tracking 12-
2 TF: Common Motorized Ground Vehicles, Two-Wheeled Motorized Ground Vehicles
10 Two-Weapon Fighting (HTH)
Skills Cost: 127

Cost Perk
1 Reputation (Product of Black Ops Experiments) (A small to medium sized group; 8-) +1/+1d6
5 Reputation (Best there is at what he does) (A small to medium sized group; 14-) +5/+5d6
5 Anonymity (Not in most systems)
Perks Cost: 11

Cost Talent
3 Ambidexterity (Reduce Off Hand Penalty to -2)
3 Bump Of Direction
15 Combat Sense 12-
30 Danger Sense (Area: General Area, Function as a Sense, Intuitional, Sensitivity: Out of Combat) 15-
10 Lightning Reflexes: +10 DEX to act first with Single Action
5 Resistance (5 points)
Talents Cost: 66

Val Disadvantages
150 Some Disadvantages
Disadvantage Points: 150
Cost Summary:Base Points:500Disadvantage Points: 150Experience Required: 350Total Experience Available: 350Total Character Cost: 1000

Originally posted by PowerMavin

Is it me or do you always find a way to squeeze in mental and power defense, Life support, and regeneration?

All the X-Men have had Mental Defense training; even in MSHRPG they had an equivalent. Wolvie has also resisted many mental effects over the years, and mentalists usually have difficulty dealing with him. Wolvie has resisted many effects that are best expressed as affecting PowD in HEROs. He does have resistance to toxins & poisons and does age slower. He certainly has regeneration.

While its good to know whats going on in the peanut gallery, Is it me or have I never seen you post characters, at all?

Thanx for your helpful and insightful comments!

Originally posted by PowerMavin

Is it me or do you always find a way to squeeze in mental and power defense, Life support, and regeneration?

But to answer the question, yeah, if I can justify it in the slightest Ill give a character any one of those abilities and the whole lot if possible. They are by far 4 of the best powers in the game.

I like well rounded characters that can be counted on to not spend a month in a hospital between sessions. So sue me.

Which isnt to say that even 1/3 of the characters I design have any of those powers overall. Though it may be prevalant in my recent characters.

Used to be you could heal yourself through other means, but now only Healing heals a character, and only Regen does it all the way. Since its now the only game in town for the effect, its going to get used more often.

When I have wanted a character with wolverines regeneration. I have normally bought it as aid (healing, 0end, always on, persistent) and regeneration. What ends up happening is the small wounds get healed up on my phase and the bigger wounds take a while using regen.

The combination of the number of dice and regen determine how much like wolverine I heal.

Originally posted by tiger

Please post the hdc file.

I like him, bit high here or there for my taste. But a very good job regardless

Ill have to get it tonite; Im at work now.

I ran him highball rather than have fanboys argue incessantly about how he did XYZ in Issue 257 or the time he pulled off ABC in issue 320. File down to fit ;)

its also a very fast pass; I just sat down and did it without any planning or tweeking. Got up to near a 1000 and just rounded him off with a few points here and there for a nice even number.

I have a brick (named Brawl) who constantly, unconsciously absorbs kinetic energy to replenish himself. He has 1d6 of AID to any Characteristic below normal (+2) Always On (-1/4) O END, Persistent (+1) Inherent (+1/4).

This serves to protect him from everythng from STUN & BODY damage to Drains and Transfers. He's not the strongest or most resilient brick in the campaign, but the Aid combined with average brick PD/ED, Damage Reduction, Life Support and a bit of Power Defense ensures that he almost always gets up and has even earned a term in our game group of the "Brawl Scale of Toughness (Brawl being a 10)".

He does however have a Vulnerability to attacks on his Nervous System that provides the GM with a way to bring him down when it is necessary. I would hope that these Wolvie characters have Vuln/Susc that play his heightened senses against him.

Originally posted by levi

Only the AID values that exceed normal values dissapate or re-normalize over time as I understood it, but it wouldn't be the first time I misunderstood something...lol

Thats how it used to work, but no more under 5th. Only Heal will restore lost characteristics and Heal is limited by a cap. Its a bummer, and why so many characters end up with a little Regen these days. Its the only way to get back any amount of lost BODY short of REC per month, and it doesnt take an action to do it.

Originally posted by Pattern Ghost

Offensive PRE should be a -1/2 lim instead of -1. Not that it makes a huge difference on this character.

Perhaps I was thinking Only to Intimidate/Scare for the -1.

But as you say, whats a few more points either way once you hit the millenium club :D

Guest white peregrine

I've been fiddling around with a "regen" character myself lately and while not "wolverine" it works for me. overall, very low defences, 16/16 with a CV of 7. as I would rather not be taken out of every combat in one hit I gave 'em a 30 Con. The "regeneration" of the character consists of 4d6 Healing(regeneration BGB) and a 30 Recovery. I also gave him 30 Body to help show the amount of damage it takes to put him down for the count...although with his regen it should be to long before he gets back up...

Some tweeks

Wolverine

Logan, Weapon X, SNIKT

Val Char Cost
18 STR 8
23 DEX 39
30 CON 40
30 BODY 40
15 INT 5
25 EGO 30
25/50 PRE 15
10 COM 0
6 PD 2
6 ED 0
6 SPD 27
50 REC 80
60 END 0
50 STUN -4
10" RUN 8
4" SWIM 2
9 1/2" LEAP 6
Characteristics Cost: 298
attachment.php?s=&postid=69578

Cost Power END
7 Quick Healing: Damage Resistance (6 PD/6 ED), Hardened (+1/4) (7 Active Points)
15 Healing Factor: Power Defense (15 points)
22 Healing Factor: Healing 3d6 (max. Healed Points: 18), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (60 Active Points); Extra Time 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2) [Notes: Regeneration; No Healing Max (see FREd p. 120).]
11 Healing Factor: Life Support , Immunity: All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents, Immunity: All terrestrial poisons and chemical warfare agents (20 Active Points); Extra Time Extra Segment, Only to Activate Constant or Persistent Power (-1/4), Delayed Phase (-1/4), Requires A CON Roll (-1/4)
12 Altered Metabolism: Life Support , Eating: Character only has to eat once per week, Extended Breathing, Longevity: 400 Years, Safe in High Radiation, Safe in Intense Cold, Safe in Intense Heat, Sleeping: Character only has to sleep 8 hours per week
20 Armored Skeleton: Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% (30 Active Points); BODY Only (-1/2)
3 Armored Skeleton: Lack Of Weakness (-3) for Resistant Defenses
6 Armored Skeleton: Knockback Resistance -3"
45 Armored Skeleton: Hand-To-Hand Attack +3d6, Inherent (+1/4), Invisible Power Effects, SFX Only (Fully Invisible; +1/2), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2), Persistent (+1/2), Damage Shield (+1/2), Offensive (+1/4), Continuous (+1) (67 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2)
25 Mental Feedback: Ego Attack 1 1/2d6, Inherent (+1/4), Damage Shield (+1/2), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2), Persistent (+1/2), Continuous (+1) (56 Active Points); No Conscious Control (-2), Only Effects cannot be controlled (+1), Does Not Provide Mental Awareness (-1/4)
5 Feral Mind: +5 Mental Defense (10 points total)
92 Claws: Multipower, 138-point reserve, all slots: (138 Active Points); Restrainable (-1/2)
8u 1) Claws I (Slash-O-Matic): Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 4d6 -1 (plus STR) (vs. PD), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2), Armor Piercing x2 (+1) (137 Active Points); No Knockback (-1/4)
8u 2) Claws II (Ripper Barrage): Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 4d6 -1 (plus STR) (vs. PD), Autofire (5 shots; +1/2), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1) (137 Active Points); No Knockback (-1/4)
8u 3) Claws III (Impale): Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 6d6 (plus STR) (vs. PD), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2) (135 Active Points); No Knockback (-1/4)
9u 4) Wallcutter: Tunneling 1" through 30 DEF material, Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2) (138 Active Points)
8 Claws IV (Pitons): Clinging (28 STR) (14 Active Points); Restrainable (-1/2), Cannot Resist Knockback (-1/4)
20 Canny Fighter: Find Weakness 11- (Related Group of Attacks (Claws))
20 Tracking: Tracking (Smell/Taste Group; Additional Sense Group: Hearing Group), Sense Affected As Another Sense (+0)
40 Heightened Sences: Targeting Sense (Smell/Taste Group; Additional Sense Group: Hearing Group)
5 Heightened Sences: Nightvision, Sense Affected As Another Sense (+0)
15 Heightened Sences: Enhanced Perception (+5 to PER Rolls for All Sense Groups)
11 Snikt, bub: +25 PRE (25 Active Points); Fear Only (-1), Must "pop claws" out (-1/4)
Powers Cost: 415

Cost Martial Arts Maneuver
16 +4 HTH Damage Class(es)
Commando Training [Notes: Mr. Scrappy]
3 1) Akido Throw: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +1 DCV, STR +4d6 +v/5, Target Falls
4 2) Boxing Cross: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, STR +6d6 Strike
4 3) Choke: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +0 DCV, Grab One Limb; 4d6 NND
4 4) Escape: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, +35 STR vs. Grabs
4 5) Hold: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, -1 DCV, Grab Three Limbs, +30 STR for holding on
4 6) Judo Disarm: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, Disarm; +30 STR to Disarm roll
4 7) Kung Fu Block: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort
1 8) Weapon Element: Clubs
1 9) Weapon Element: Knives
Kenjutsu [Notes: For all those Frank Miller Story Arcs ;)]
1 1) Weapon Element: Empty Hand (Bind, Block, Disarm, Evade, Takeaway maneuvers only)
0 2) Weapon Element: Blades
5 3) Takeaway: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, Grab Weapon, +30 STR to take weapon away
5 4) Slashing Stroke: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +1 DCV, Weapon +8 DC Strike
5 5) Sacrifice Stroke: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, -2 DCV, Weapon +8 DC Strike
5 6) Running Stroke: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +0 DCV, Weapon +4 DC +v/5; FMove
4 7) Lightning Stroke: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +0 DCV, Weapon +6 DC Strike
4 8) Block: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort
4 9) Evade: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort
4 10) Bind: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +0 DCV, Bind, +30 STR
4 11) Disarm: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, Disarm; +30 STR to Disarm roll
Martial Arts Cost: 86

Cost Skill
20 +2 Overall
10 +2 with HTH Combat
12 +4 vs FOCI, Restrainable Powers, Held Objects
10 +2 with DCV
3 Acrobatics 14-
11 Animal Handler (Canines, Felines, Other: Voles, Ursines) 17- (22-)
3 Breakfall 14-
3 Bribery 14- (19-)
3 Climbing 14-
3 Combat Driving 14-
7 Concealment 14-
3 Deduction 12-
10 Defense Maneuver: I-IV
3 Interrogation 14- (19-)
3 Language: Japanese (completely fluent)
2 Navigation (Land) 12-
5 Rapid Attack (HTH)
3 Shadowing 12-
3 Stealth 14-
3 Streetwise 14- (19-)
4 Survival (Arctic/Subarctic, Mountain) 12-
3 Tracking 12-
2 TF: Common Motorized Ground Vehicles, Two-Wheeled Motorized Ground Vehicles
10 Two-Weapon Fighting (HTH)
Skills Cost: 139

Cost Perk
1 Reputation (Product of Black Ops Experiments) (A small to medium sized group; 8-) +1/+1d6
5 Reputation (Best there is at what he does) (A small to medium sized group; 14-) +5/+5d6
5 Anonymity (Not in most systems)
Perks Cost: 11

Cost Talent
3 Ambidexterity (Reduce Off Hand Penalty to -2)
3 Bump Of Direction
30 Danger Sense (Area: General Area, Function as a Sense, Intuitional, Sensitivity: Out of Combat) 15-
10 Lightning Reflexes: +10 DEX to act first with Single Action (Claws I)
5 Resistance (5 points)
Talents Cost: 51

Val Disadvantages
5 Vulnerability: 1 1/2 x Effect Magnetic Powers (Uncommon)
5 Susceptibility: Strong Magnetic Fields 1d6 damage, Instant (Uncommon)
5 Physical Limitation: Sets off Metal Detectors (Infrequently; Slightly Impairing)
5 Dependent NPC: Teenage Girl (Jubilee, Rogue, or Shadow Cat at various times and arcs) 11- (Slightly Less Powerful than the PC; Useful noncombat position or skills)
5 Distinctive Features: Strange hairdo (Easily Concealed; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
35 Enraged: When pushed to the limit (BODY 5 or less) (Uncommon), go 14-, recover 8-, Berserk
20 Enraged: When Thwarted (Uncommon), go 14-, recover 11-
10 Hunted: Sabretooth 8- (As Pow; Harshly Punish)
25 Hunted: By all kinds of people 11- (Mo Pow; Harshly Punish; Extensive Non-Combat Influence)
10 Reputation: Hardass 11- (Known Only To A Small Group (Extreme))
10 Vulnerability: Flashes (Common)
15 Unluck: 3d6
Disadvantage Points: 150
Cost Summary:Base Points:500Disadvantage Points: 150Experience Required: 350Total Experience Available: 350Total Character Cost: 1000Height: 5' 8"Hair: BrownWeight: 220 lbsEyes: BrownAppearance: Short, mean and hairy. Dresses like a lumberjack (but he's OK).Personality: Drink beer, smoke stogiesQuote:"I'm the best there is at what I do-- and what I do best isn't very nice.", "Bub"Background: To confused to go into.Powers/Tactics: Regen, Adamantium Skeleton, Claws, nasty Scrapper.Campaign Use: Endless story hooks

Originally posted by Morningstar70

You could take a few XP required off by going into Wolvie's psyche, like his loyalty, his fear of getting emotionally attached, his self loathing, and his irritability. :)

Too touchy-feely for me. I like Wolvy best when he's just a roughneck beatdown artist. I didnt like the mangled menstruating heart version some writers took the character in.