Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BlackSword

GenCon Indy 2006

Re: GenCon Indy 2006

I hope you go Thag, I'm excited to finally be able to me Mike and others I missed the first time. (Jeff T, I hope you make it. )

I'll bring the Enforcer84 shirt and hope to game more this year.

We're looking into it. The main problem is my 18-year-old being able to get away from his job or that (HEAVEN FORBID) he actually pull himself away from his girlfriend for four days straight. :rolleyes:

We're looking into it. The main problem is my 18-year-old being able to get away from his job or that (HEAVEN FORBID) he actually pull himself away from his girlfriend for four days straight. :rolleyes:

Tell him to bring her along. She can wear chainmail bikinis and make him the envy of half the gamers there

I need help deciding on a title for the second game I am proposing.

When the characters of TweenToons find out their time block is in danger of cancelation, they team up to battle through the Network's lineup and confront the mysterious Programming Director. Characters include:

Shaolin Shark, the greatest kung fu master to ever swim the Earth

Groovy Dog, crime solving canine detective

American Spider, everyone's favorite superhero

Jaques Quaque, the smoothest duck in the espionage business

Martial Lauren, the toughest cop in the 1st grade

Magicial Princess Space Bunny Kun, Japan's #1 import

Title ideas so far: Saturday Morning Fever or Hell comes to TweenToons.

Like I said, I need some help.

Tell him to bring her along. She can wear chainmail bikinis and make him the envy of half the gamers there

Somehow I don't think her parents would approve of their 17-year-old daughter going to another state with her boyfriend to parade around in front of thousands of geeky men in a metal two piece.

But maybe that's just me. ;)

Somehow I don't think her parents would approve of their 17-year-old daughter going to another state with her boyfriend to parade around in front of thousands of geeky men in a metal two piece.

Just show them a picture of Vampirella, "here is another popular costume idea."

:)

Start going through a Boris Vallejo picture book, "If you see anything you would like her to wear please pick it out." :)

...I suppose there is that. But still, the possibilities...

Hm...I want to run a HERO game at GenCon this year, but I'm undecided as to setting just yet...well, I guess I've still got one or two more days to think about it...

I was thinking about running a few games but decided against it.

My flights are through Orbitz on Northwest and Delta.

Didn't know about both airlines' financial woes until after I booked the flights. I'm guessing a lot of it might be hype, but you can never tell.

While I really hope things work out, I just hope if things go to pot they'll happen soon so I can either get a refund on the flight and try to book new ones or cancel the trip if I must. I don't want to try and book a flight out of a crowded airport because a major airline (the one I'm flying on) shut down.

Long time no post (or visit to these boards) for me.

Anywho. DoctorOtaku and I will be attending GenCon this year. He's reserved our room (at the EconoLodge, ironically where a group of my friends from Winnipeg is staying as well) and he's bought our badges. Now all we have to work on is getting him moved here before August so we can fly out together. (Looking at flights, if I could afford to right now, I'd book mine with Frontier...$230 per person.)

So, we'll see you guys there. :)

Has anyone heard back from GenCon concerning proposed games? I don't want to do a metric keister-load of prep on a game with no slot.

No, they seem behind. I have 4 in "accepted for consideration" but no final confirmation, and 1 still pending review.

No' date=' they seem behind. I have 4 in "accepted for consideration" but no final confirmation, and 1 still pending review.[/quote']

This is pretty par, I think, and they do have a whole week left. (All four of mine are still in "Pending Event Review" though).

Also, I note from their email today that they are staggering event registration, so on May 1, it's just True Dungeon and half the RPGA events, then the rest of the RPGA events, then open reg, so I'd expect that they're proofing the RPGA events first.

Important Notice: Event Registration Process Change for May 1st

Gen Con wants your experience with us to be a positive one; from the moment you buy your badge to the moment you leave the doors on the last day of the convention.

To make the process smoother for everyone, we’ve decided to implement some minor changes.

During last year’s event registration, the demand for True Dungeon and RPGA event tickets surpassed our expectations. These events sold out very quickly and people did the virtual “push-and-shove” to be the first to get them. Last year, over 4000 True Dungeon tickets were sold out in less than 2 hours!

To avoid this intense traffic flow, and potential hazards created by the demand, we will be breaking the tickets into 3 groups and releasing them on May 1st every 3 hours based on the following schedule.

On May 1st, at 12:00PM, we will be releasing:

* All True Dungeon Tickets for Thursday (8/10)

* Half the total number of RPGA tickets for each series. (For Example: 16 out of 32 tickets would be made available – 2 out of 4 tables would be sold)

On May 1st, at 3:00PM, we will be releasing:

* All True Dungeon Tickets for Friday (8/11)

* The remaining half of the total number of RPGA tickets for each series. (For Example: 16 out of 32 tickets would be made available – 2 out of 4 tables would be sold)

On May 1st, at 6:00PM, we will be releasing:

* All True Dungeon Tickets for Saturday (8/12)

We believe this distribution of tickets makes it equitable for everyone and is a way for us to mitigate the torrential impact on the system, reducing the possibility of problems reoccurring this year.

Please feel free to contact us with any questions: customerservice@gencon.com

This is pretty par, I think, and they do have a whole week left. (All four of mine are still in "Pending Event Review" though).

Also, I note from their email today that they are staggering event registration, so on May 1, it's just True Dungeon and half the RPGA events, then the rest of the RPGA events, then open reg, so I'd expect that they're proofing the RPGA events first.

Thanks much for the info, I haven't booked events before so don't have a context.