Genres HERO GAMES may want to avoid (intended to be humorous)

AdamLeisemann

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Genres HERO GAMES may want to avoid (intended to be humorous)

Haven't we all played that one?

Yup, played that one for six years. No fun at all.

On a lighter note: "Mythbusters" HERO - you play as a member of a team dedicated to proving/disproving myths - movie, urban, social (sayingsand whatnot) etc. Required skill: PS: Special FX engineer. Suggested disad: Thinks science was invented to blow stuff up (C, S).

This show rocks.

BTW: Royal Marine SBS beatsUS Navy SEALS.

Actually not a bad game, better system than one would believe from the game.

Yup I bout it (And I think I still have it some were...lost rummaging in Narnia - I mean an old storage locker) :D

From what I recall, you're right. We only had one copy in the local shop all those years ago. I've not had contact with the person who bought it in a decade or two though, so I don't recall much about it.

Added: Infinite Loop HERO — "In this latest RPG innovation, the players build & play characters who are players building and playing characters, who are in turn building and playing characters, who are also..."

• 2 weeks later...

Added: Infinite Loop HERO — "In this latest RPG innovation' date=' the players build & play characters who are players building and playing characters, who are in turn building and playing characters, who are also..."[/quote']

Sadly, the Forge would be all over that like a bunch of dogs on a b*tch (she-dog) in heat.

I dunno about that. He had a rather sick imagination from all I've ever read of him.

My brother was doing some research for horror writing and read 120 days of Sodom. He points out that even Byron Hall, author of FATAL would have found De Sade's work to be too extreme. And also, he noted that the Marquis De Sade would actually trump a lot of ero-guro in sickness.

My brother was doing some research for horror writing and read 120 days of Sodom. He points out that even Byron Hall' date=' author of [i']FATAL[/i] would have found De Sade's work to be too extreme. And also, he noted that the Marquis De Sade would actually trump a lot of ero-guro in sickness.

I've also read that there's some argument as to whether de Sade just wrote about his perversities or actually practiced them.

Which, considering just what they involved would have made him worthy of death in almost any legal system you can think of. Except for one that allowed aristos to literally get away with murder, sadly.