Genres HERO GAMES may want to avoid (intended to be humorous)

AdamLeisemann

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Genres HERO GAMES may want to avoid (intended to be humorous)

In the 1980's I had a next door neighbor who was a Jew in the Soviet Communist Revolution before he left for the United States. In 1919 he heard Joseph Stalin say in a speech "First Russia and then the World." Unlike the Axis Stalin got to keep much of the world until an enemy strangled him. The strangler was probably a Communist like Lee Harvey Oswald.

IIRC, the general consensus among historians is that Stalin was poisoned at the instigaton of members of his inner circle. He had been in the process of preparing to launch a war against the United States and escalate it into a nuclear conflict, and had summoned the men he was closest to trusting (including future Soviet leaders Gegori Malenkov and Nikita Kruschev) to his Georgian dacha to make the plans. These underlings realized this would be an unmitigated disaster for the entire world, and finally overcame their terror of Stalin to bring about his death at literally the eleventh hour before the catastrophe.

This act of treachery may well have prevented the extermination of the civilized world.

WITH ALL DUE RESPECT TO THE MEMORIES OF DON KNOTTS AND DON ADAMS

barney fife HERO and get smart HERO

Barney fife heor yes...

But as for get smart...I went to HeroCon 2007 and one of the great games I played in was a 60s spy game, Mission Impossible, The Avengers, The man From U.N.C.L.E. I Spy and the like.

It got me thinking that a comedy spy game, Get Smart, Austin Powers etc might be a ton of fun.

I agree with the kid. Get Smart HERO has the potential to be brilliant. Allow me to drag out a 5d6 Copninous Flash vs. hearing Sense group, OAF, Bulky. That would be the way I think of modeling the infamous Cone of Silence.

Now as to modeling "The Lighter in the Gun in the Bunny trick", that should be fairly simple.

Interestingly Maxwell Smart in the TV series at least carried a snubnosed revolver -- perhaps not the deadliest or coolest of guns, but very easy to conceal. That made it a good weapon for a spy, especially one who only wanted to get into combat as a last resort. I should also note that Don Adams, a decorated war veteran and former marine drill instructor, could never quite fake being bad at hand-to-hand combat -- his instincts and conditioning were too good.

I agree with the kid. Get Smart HERO has the potential to be brilliant. Allow me to drag out a 5d6 Copninous Flash vs. hearing Sense group, OAF, Bulky. That would be the way I think of modeling the infamous Cone of Silence.

Now as to modeling "The Lighter in the Gun in the Bunny trick", that should be fairly simple.

Interestingly Maxwell Smart in the TV series at least carried a snubnosed revolver -- perhaps not the deadliest or coolest of guns, but very easy to conceal. That made it a good weapon for a spy, especially one who only wanted to get into combat as a last resort. I should also note that Don Adams, a decorated war veteran and former marine drill instructor, could never quite fake being bad at hand-to-hand combat -- his instincts and conditioning were too good.

would you believe

i never knew that about mr adams, very interesting