disney heroes?

grymlocke

Re: disney heroes?

In my campaign:

Darkwing, a martial artist detective based in New Orleans. He seems to be romantically linked with an unidentified female superhuman with strange energy powers.

Gizmo, a battle armor hero created and working for a billionaire in Jackson, Mississippi.

Jonathan Gabriel, brilliant billionaire industrialist whose corporate headquarters and personal residence occupy the top of the Sears Tower in Chicago.

The Pride, a group of feline themed martial artists who star in a popular children TV show.

(I also have a genetically altered lab mouse in a mechanical human suit, but that's a different company).

Originally posted by MarkusDark

Don't forget Rescue Rangers :) Mmmmm Gadget.

um, I mean...

Actually, I thought that DWD had some real campaign appeal.

Darkwing Duck actually showed up (twice!) in my campaign. Makes for a great episode where the players can relax and just be silly. Foxbat's also someone who can do that.

Don't forget Disney villains!

I, too, found usable ideas in most of these series. "Gargoyles" felt like a RPG with its serial plot and its vigilante monsters. Adventures from "Duck Tales" or "Talespin" could be stolen whole and inserted into one's campaign. "Darkwing Duck" made for a good Tick-like campaign. For Fantasy HERO ideas I'd throw the series "Alladin" into the mix.

But Disney has always excelled at villains. The Fearsome Five from "Darkwing Duck" were intended to be comedic but they're an efficient supervillain team. The gazillionaire technology magnate and his devoted assistant/henchman (sorry, can't recall their names off hand) from "Gargoyles" could give Lex Luthor and Mercy a run for their money. "Alladin" introduced a youthful sorceror who had murdered his own father to seize power and sacrificed his hand for a magic glove; he ruled over an army of ghouls and sought world, or at least Mid-Eastern, conquest. Another good magical villain was the Bast-like sorceress from another dimension who could turn people into ... minion things! Even "Rescue Rangers" produced a memorable villain, an inventor who committed burglaries via levitating Persian rugs packed with concealed circuitry.

Disney movies also provide good villains. I'd like to thrown the cyborg Long John Silver from "Treasure Planet" or Ursula the Sea Witch from "Little Mermaid" at player-characters. Ratigan from "The Great Mouse Detective" was my kind of guy; he couldn't decide which deathtrap to use to dispatch the hero, so he chose them all!

Re: Don't forget Disney villains!

Originally posted by Kevin Scrivner

But Disney has always excelled at villains. The Fearsome Five from "Darkwing Duck" were intended to be comedic but they're an efficient supervillain team. The gazillionaire technology magnate and his devoted assistant/henchman (sorry, can't recall their names off hand) from "Gargoyles" could give Lex Luthor and Mercy a run for their money.

David Xanatos and his assistant Owen Burnett.

And Owen would kick Mercy's mini-skirted butt around the block, considering his "secret identity".

I always thought that would be an interesting campaign element. An evil mastermind and his henchman, but the henchman is much more powerful than the mastermind. He just works for him because he likes him and the job is fun and exciting.

Originally posted by MarkusDark

Don't forget Rescue Rangers :) Mmmmm Gadget.

um, I mean...

Did anyone else notice that in one episode Gadget actually kills a guy? An no one objects?

In the episode where the rest of the team is captured by the ruthless captian of the guard at the Coco Kola Kult, Gadget goes all rambo and busts in to rescue them. They end up in a showdown on the catwalk over the Kola vat. The guard captain falls in, keeps yelling about how he can't swim, then goes under.

In the next scene the other rangers are thanking gadget for saving them, and the Kult leader apologizes for his guard captain. BUT THE GUARD CAPTAIN IS NEVER SEEN! HE WENT UNDER & SHE DIDN"T FISH HIM OUT! This was on a Disney show in the eighties!