Lucha Libre Hero Plot Threads

FlashFighter

Re: Lucha Libre Hero Plot Threads

At one stage, the GM asked me if I wouldn't mind designing some rudo henchmen for my hero to pummel on, so I managed to come up with these two.

The demonic El Diablo Rojo and the monstrous El Muerte Negro.

Scan10042.jpgElMuerteNegro-Colour.jpg

(hrm. I'd forgotten I hadn't finished colouring El Diablo yet. When he's completed, I'll post a full colour shot)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well' date=' in [i']that [/i]case, allow me to introduce my current character, El Aguila Azul. He's a lucha libre hero in a four colour superhero campaign. He's a low-powered brick/martial artist combo.

He's a second generation luchador/hero, and he's inherited his mentor's arch-nemesis, the diabolical El Brujo!

Aguila1-colour-1.jpgElBrujo-colour.jpg

:thumbup::thumbup: drat, i cant rep pol ruadh yet can somebody swing the reptonfa for me?thanks

Well' date=' in [i']that [/i]case, allow me to introduce my current character, El Aguila Azul. He's a lucha libre hero in a four colour superhero campaign. He's a low-powered brick/martial artist combo.

He's a second generation luchador/hero, and he's inherited his mentor's arch-nemesis, the diabolical El Brujo!

Aguila1-colour-1.jpgElBrujo-colour.jpg

wouuld your luchadore object if his name was spoken as the english "blue eagle?

wouuld your luchadore object if his name was spoken as the english "blue eagle?

Not at all. If it's good enough for Blue Demon, it's good enough for him.

His pals call him 'Blue' or 'Azul' for short.

'Cos if it's good enough for Eduardo from 'Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends', it's good enough for me!

Not at all. If it's good enough for Blue Demon, it's good enough for him.

His pals call him 'Blue' or 'Azul' for short.

'Cos if it's good enough for Eduardo from 'Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends', it's good enough for me!

tel us some more about blue eaglehow many of el brujo's plans has he encontered?

At the moment, Blue has only encountered El Brujo once. The game's only been running for a couple of months now.

Basically, the backstory I gave him is that for decades, there have been a team of luchadors who, in addition to being wrestlers, operated as a loose affiliation of secret agents of the Mexican government, battling monsters, criminals and mad scientists, Los Guerreros Secretos (The Secret Warriors). Like Los Campeones Justicieros, Los Guerreros had a rotating membership as members retired, were injured or died, and new members were recruited.

For decades, the greatest thorn in the side of Los Guerreros was a mysterious figure known only as El Brujo. El Brujo had, in the past, displayed proficiency as a scientist, and there were rumours that he possessed mystical powers. A Moriarty-like figure, many diverse operations pursued by Los Guerreros ended up being the work of El Brujo.

Sometimes, he'd be developing terrible superweapons, other times, creating armies of monsters or robots, still others, he would be behind a diabolical cult bilking rich marks of their life savings and stealing secrets.

The only common thread in his work was his love of manipulation and subterfuge. He was a consummate manipulator who delighted in corrupting good people and duping bad people into performing worse deeds.

And yet, for all his actions, for all that Los Guerreros foiled so many of his operations, they never managed to capture him, or even to get a glimpse of his true face.

El Aguila's mentor, El Aguila Sagredo (The Sacred Eagle, based on real life luchador and social activist, Fray Tormenta) was a member of Los Guerreros, though he had retired as both a wrestler and a crimefighter, and the team had fallen apart by the mid 80's.

In the team's final encounter with El Brujo, they got closer to him than ever before, and managed to destroy an enormous base in a massive explosion which, it was assumed, El Brujo died. But several of Los Guerreros were gravely injured and at least one was dead. It was this that finally meant the end of the group.

Decades later, Blue, knowing nothing of his mentor's secret history, has become a crimefighting luchador when he encounters a mysterious figure who claims to have a vendetta against him... though they've never met before.

It turns out that, for possibly the first time in history, a master villain actually DID die in the explosion of his secret underground complex. However, El Brujo's corrupt spirit has escaped from Hell itself and seeks a new, young, strong body that he can inhabit and continue his evil schemes.

Basically, he made a two-pronged attack on the heroes, recruiting the mysterious Asian martial artist, Master Arrow-Fist, and Mexican supervillain, Xlotl, as well as supervillainous luchador, El Diablo Rojo and teams of masked thugs and agents to attack our heroes in the physical world, while targeting our heroes himself in a phantasmal dream world.

excellent maybe el brujo could be after blue eagles body for a host

He certainly was!

And what was worse was that he was possessing the body of a helpless innocent which meant that the normally physical Blue Eagle had to use his wits to defeat the evildoer rather than simply pummeling him into submission... which is his usual M.O.

• 1 month later...

At one stage' date=' the GM asked me if I wouldn't mind designing some [i']rudo[/i] henchmen for my hero to pummel on, so I managed to come up with these two.

The demonic El Diablo Rojo and the monstrous El Muerte Negro.

Scan10042.jpgElMuerteNegro-Colour.jpg

(hrm. I'd forgotten I hadn't finished colouring El Diablo yet. When he's completed, I'll post a full colour shot)

was el diablo ever finished/ since LLHis due at the printers any day noe i figure[four] its time foe some bubbamancy

• 4 weeks later...

The PDF is for sale right now' date=' here and at your more discerning online storefronts across the web. The hard copies leave Canada tomorrow, barring any further rudo trickery, and should show up in the warehouse in about a week. dw[/quote']muy bien garcias

The PDF is for sale right now' date=' here and at your more discerning online storefronts across the web. The hard copies leave Canada tomorrow, barring any further rudo trickery, and should show up in the warehouse in about a week. dw[/quote']

i just bought and read the PDF version bravo gentlemen well done and thank you for the dedication to the late andy mathews

was el diablo ever finished/ since LLHis due at the printers any day noe i figure[four] its time foe some bubbamancy

Ah, didn't spot this. Yup. Managed to finish the picture, and here 'tis.

As you can see, my whole shading technique was still in its early stages and isn't as advanced as the stuff on 'El Muerte Negro'.

ElDiabloRojo-colour.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

i now know why hero games couldn't use EL SANTOS in lucha libre hero i was watching lucha libre on tv for a change and at the end santos came out i was spokked at first until i realized this was a SUCCESOR to the deceased original santos

Just as Jay Garrick handed his alter ego on to Barry Allen, who then passed the torch to Wally West... legacies are a big part of Lucha Libre, as El Santo passes on his mask to one of his sons, El Hijo Del Santo.

Ditto Blue Demon and his son, Blue Demon jr. and, of course, Rey Mysterio and his nephew, Rey Mysterio jr.

And then, there are the second or third generation luchadors who create all new identities, such as Silver King, the son of the diabolical Dr.Wagner.

• 4 weeks later...

teen luchadores

el espectero,amazonia crainio flmente and caveman cortez have disapeared on their way to la arena LLM their young students /fans must try to find them but can they with only everyman lucha skills to help them defend themseles against the 3 MS of evil?

I had a really similar idea for a character in a Feng Shui game... El Sol Diablo (it's bad Spanish, but scans better than El Diablo del Sol - the first time I got the chance to play a luchador.

Basically, my character was the young protege of the original El Sol Diablo.

El Sol Diablo (the elder) was a luchador, famous for his devastating finishing move, The Supernova Press, a move so dangerous that he has never found a student to teach it to... a move capable of injuring or even killing an opponent or an untrained luchador who attempts it. What he was less famous for was being a secret monster hunter.

For years, though, monster-hunting fell by the wayside. El Sol Diablo devoted himself to his career, training a successor, and living the high life.

Finally, the call came, but El Sol Diablo's many years away from monster hunting had taken its toll. He succumbed to a massive heart attack and was rushed to hospital.

His young successor took up the mask. Unwilling to allow his master's honour to be besmirched, he vowed to take his place so that no-one need know of his weakness.

Unfortunately, there are two downsides.

Firstly, the new El Sol Diablo thinks he's going to a wrestling event, not a monster hunt... and secondly, he has never successfully performed The Supernova Press.