Naive question: Semi-Conscious Control?

Brandi

I was re-reading FRed the other evening and looking at the entry for the "No Conscious Control" limitation, and noted the following quote:

"The GM could occasionally allow the character to turn on the Power, but if allowed, this should involve substantial penalties...."

Then I found myself thinking about the Teen Titans cartoon episode with the Puppet King and Starfire and Raven switching bodies. In that, Starfire learns fairly quickly how to not set off Raven's powers all the time-- but there is a gag moment when she successfully pulls off the conscious control and her delight in that pushes the emotional limit enough to set off the power by accident!

This sort of "semi-conscious control"-- where the character can and does use the power fairly well but sometimes accidentally goes off when excited-- seems like it would fit well in a Teen Champions campaign, and I was just wondering if that book had a writeup of the limitation. FRed doesn't really seem to have one formally written up (Enraged, Accidental Change, and Activation Roll really don't fit).

Anyone ever written up such a limitation? It seems like it'd be a -1/2 at the most depending on how dangerous the power is...

Re: Naive question: Semi-Conscious Control?

I'm at work, but without having my book in front of me, I seem to recall that No Conscious Control or one of the similar Limitations has an option for 'Limited Conscious Control', which is similar to what you're describing. I.e. You can use the Power yourself, but the GM can also use it like you had NCC. Anyone with a book handy care to look and see if I'm imagining things?