[Pet Project] Persona HERO

pointyman2000

• 4 weeks later...

Re: [Pet Project] Persona HERO

I can't decide whether I want to play P3 more' date=' or play a Persona HERO game. Tangentially, it's worth noting that only the main character in P3 has access to the Velvet Room, as I've heard. Everyone else is fixed to increasing their initial Persona.[/quote']

Awww... :(

I rather liked the older games when you could swap out any persona user's personas, except that the "final" personas were only for a single person. Still, can't wait to see the game when it comes out.

I'm seriously considering running this conversion over in HERO Central as a PBP game, but I'm not sure if I have the time...:o

• 10 months later...

Currently some time in September in the game, enjoying it greatly, and was happy to see this topic rise back up!

As for unique mechanics... only the main has access to the Velvet Room and persona switching, which I imagine must be pretty freaky for the other members of the team (Mitsuru, the leader changed his mind again...).

Adding Evokers (Basically giving all Persona powers OAF) would be very interesting in some settings, especially ones where they fight outside the Dark Hour- Kind of a Teen Champions sort of pressure if they're caught in a dangerous situation without the ability to use their Persona. Other than that, I'm hard-pressed to think of something in P3 that hasn't already been covered.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been thinking of doing writeups for the main playable characters of Persona 3 as best I can- the only things I'm having trouble with are point range (Leaning toward somewhere around 150-200) and if Persona actually effect physical attributes (With some sort of OIHID limit to symbolize them only working in the dark hour." I'm pretty sure Evokers, and thus actual Persona summons, don't work outside the Dark Hour, but I'm not sure if their actual STR and DEX and things should change.

To elaborate, there's two ways to view the strength of the average Shadow.

1- an elite police square or equivalent firepower could storm Tartarus (Barring physically immune Shadows), but it's the fact that they don't have Persona, and these kids DO, that gives them the chance to fight. The Shadows themselves are not that far beyond giving a human a good fight, one on one.

2-These things are superhumanly powerful, and it's only the increase in ability that Persona enable that allows these kids, or, indeed anybody, to fight back. This would justify increasing their physical statistics with a "Only During the Dark Hour" limit.

• 3 weeks later...

To elaborate, there's two ways to view the strength of the average Shadow.

1- an elite police square or equivalent firepower could storm Tartarus (Barring physically immune Shadows), but it's the fact that they don't have Persona, and these kids DO, that gives them the chance to fight. The Shadows themselves are not that far beyond giving a human a good fight, one on one.

2-These things are superhumanly powerful, and it's only the increase in ability that Persona enable that allows these kids, or, indeed anybody, to fight back. This would justify increasing their physical statistics with a "Only During the Dark Hour" limit.

I figure that option number 1 is a good take on things. The only concern is that when the Dark Hour comes up (and Tartarus manifests) all those who don't have Personas, or some other degree of awareness are all in Sarcophagi.

Shadows might not be all that strong compared to an elite squad of soldiers, but if all those soldiers are sarcophagi and the only people around to stop them are high school kids, then things fall rapidly into place.

I agree with the Dark Hour clause, while Personas may interact with the user in daytime, they don't grant powers until the Dark Hour. :)