Self Defeating Powers

Dust Raven

Re: Self Defeating Powers

16 Super Pushing Aid 3d6+1 (standard effect: 10 points), any END using power one at a time (+1/4) (41 Active Points); Self Only (-1/2), Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2), Effect is Instant (-1/2), Costs Endurance (-1/2), Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/2), Boosted Power Cannot Be Pushed (-1/4)

I forgot Self Only!

Actually, with my build, it mimics exactly what Pushing does (with the Self Only), but requires you to spend a Phase and even more END just to do it.

Note that pushing is normally used only in extremis' date=' whereas an Aid power like the above can be used whenever the character wants. Unless of course you put on another lim, 'Only when Character could Push.' :)[/quote']

There are no limits on when a character can Push, except those that are self-imposed or if the GM requies a special condition.

Flash Defense only against a flash that affects a sense you don't have.

Buying Damage reduction with a side effect that you take a x2 vulnerability to whatever the reduction is supposed to effect.

Instant change, with one turn to activate limit.

Life support, does not need to sleep. 1 charge, lasts 24 hours; 8 hour activation time that requires Concentration to 0 DCV throughout, requires a quiet environment and flat surface, preferably dark. Has 15- activation roll due to occasional insomnia.

My GM actually made me buy 10 points of sight group flash defense for my old blind mage, because "It isn't fair that his limitation makes him immune to something as powerful as a flash"

When he insisted that I couldn't have any ranged spells because I'd have no way to aim them (thats the fun of it!) I gave up and created a sword-chucker.

Also, on the DR point - Vulnerability is applied before defenses, DR after, so you still take more damage.

Anyways, here's my entry (assume 10 STR character)-

I've Got a Knife! - +10 STR, Only to wield weapons (-1 1/2), Does Not Add to base STR (-0) Real Cost: 4

Seppuku - 2d6 HKA, NND (Prozac), Does Body (90 Active Points), Self Only (-1/2), OAF (Knife, -1), Required Hands (Two-Handed, -1/2) Real Cost: 30

My GM actually made me buy 10 points of sight group flash defense for my old blind mage' date=' because "It isn't fair that his limitation makes him immune to something as powerful as a flash"[/quote']

Ouch. Immune? I would have argued that he his far from immune. In fact he suffers from a Persistent Flash. He can't escape it! :)

I can run!: Flying 6", Only in contact with a horizontal surface, No turn mode

I can swim!: Flying 2", Only underwater

Where am I?: Mind Scan (Self Only)

Voices in my head!: Mind Link (Self Only)

Take a breather: Healing END 1d6 (Self Only, Increased Endurance Cost x3)

But' date=' the boost will continue... until it fades.[/quote']

Oh yes, I meant the Succor form of Aid.

P.S.: I really wish Succor would officially be made into it's own Power. It would make my life easier. Having it listed as an optional form of Aid is confusing.

Any movement power, Transdimensional.

Since movement powers are self-only, Transdimensional only helps if you aren't in the same dimension as yourself.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary points out that if you buy it Usable By Others, or as Attack....

Since movement powers are self-only, Transdimensional only helps if you aren't in the same dimension as yourself.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary points out that if you buy it Usable By Others, or as Attack....

Buy personal immunity to your own movement as well.

1 Shovel: Tunneling 1" through 2 DEF material (8 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x10 END; -4), Extra Time (1 Hour, Character May Take No Other Actions, -3 1/4), Gestures, Requires Gestures throughout (Requires both hands; -1), OAF (-1)

Or lose the focus, drop the DEF back to 1, bump up the Extra Time and call it Digging.

Since we're pointing how these powers would be useful . . .

What if your Duplicate is in another dimension?

Why, ain't you the purtiest patch of nuthin I've never seen, ayup.

Extra COM (whatever amount you want) linked to an all sense invisibility (including detects) that is always on. This power has the nice side affect of making your oratory/persuasion skills (or anything else requiring verbal communication) pretty hindered.

Heck, may as well add some presence to that. (Only for PRE attacks of course. Too bad no one can see or hear you.)