Self Defeating Powers

Dust Raven

Re: Self Defeating Powers

Why' date=' ain't you the purtiest patch of nuthin I've never seen, ayup.[/i']

Extra COM (whatever amount you want) linked to an all sense invisibility (including detects) that is always on. This power has the nice side affect of making your oratory/persuasion skills (or anything else requiring verbal communication) pretty hindered.

Heck, may as well add some presence to that. (Only for PRE attacks of course. Too bad no one can see or hear you.)

I've long liked the idea of trying to put "Does Knockback" and "Double Knockback" on COM. :D

I've long liked the idea of trying to put "Does Knockback" and "Double Knockback" on COM. :D

And there you have the Tex Avery Uberbabe, wioth the Limitation "Only Against Wolves" (-1).

What is the game effect of having an extremely high COM (or for that matter an extremely low one)? And wouldn't it be relative anyway? (Miss Gondor with COM 25 would knock Men and Hobbits for a loop, but she'd still be an ugly human to an Orc!)

Self Importance.

Mental Illusions, only against self. Limited Illusion that makes the target think the world revolves around them.

I think he went..gasp.... glub glub glub....

Tracking modifier on normal smell, only usable underwater.

On a character who has no life support.

I'm going to need a shower after suggesting this, but ...

If you buy 'NND (Defense is being female)' and 'Does Body' on a high Comeliness, with Gestures (cleavage/bra/panty flash) does that accurately buy the 'japanese male nosebleed take' from anime?

Tangent: I once knew a player who tried to buy Personally Immune on his movement' date=' operating under the (mis)assumption that he would not take damage from his own move-throughs/move-bys.[/quote']

Continuing the tangent:

Freeze! Don't Move!: Personal Immunity on up to 60 Active Points of Running as a Naked Advantage, Usable as an Attack, Ranged.

Since we're pointing how these powers would be useful . . .

What if your Duplicate is in another dimension?

Your duplicate is not you.

Note that if my duplicate has moved this phase and I haven't, I can't use my movement to move my duplicate again. Unless I bought it "usable by other."

LA

p

Ouch. Immune? I would have argued that he his far from immune. In fact he suffers from a Persistent Flash. He can't escape it! :)

Agreed.

And based on the rule on multiple Flashes on 5ER 177, he couldn't be Flashed again.

Requiring Flash DEF 10 would mean that there was a chance he could be Flashed, which isn't the case...

So, Sight Flash DEF for a blind character would be self-defeating? Useless at best...

=tkdguy[/b]]Tunneling: Linked to flight; can only tunnel through empty space.

Nifty' date=' but empty space has a DEF of zero, so it would only cost 1 point anway. ;)[/quote'] Except that there are also 2 problems here...

1. You cannot use two movement powers simultaneously (don't have the rules reference on me, but several posts to the Rules Question forum have backed this up
  2. You cannot tunnel through 0 BODY - such as air. (again, based on a question to Steve well over a year ago) You cannot even tunnel through water!

That makes more sense.

So you can't Tunnel through Force Walls or Powers bought through a Focus then?

Ok, looked up the rule, and on 5ER 241 it specifically states you "may not Tunnel through air or liquids." So, maybe I was misrembering logic, or whatever.

As for foci, I know that since you "cannot use Tunneling to Tunnel through a vehicle" 5ER241, I would probably extend that to foci... though a focus would need to be pretty huge to be able to be Tunneled through!

Force Walls I would probably allow Tunneling though... at least depending on SFx.

This has two uses. First' date=' you can examine your own memories, including subconcious or suppressed ones. Second, you can negate any mental powers others may be using on you.[/quote']

Geez, do I have to do all the work? Surface Thoughts Only, Based On CON.

For that matter, any Power can be used as a de facto defense against Drains and whatnot.

How about Drain v.s. Drain, Self Only?

As for foci, I know that since you "cannot use Tunneling to Tunnel through a vehicle" 5ER241, I would probably extend that to foci... though a focus would need to be pretty huge to be able to be Tunneled through!

Some of them Foci are Bulky. Other, like tower shields, can be pretty large as well.

+5 PRE, only for fear-based PRE attacks, only vs. people absolutely, utterly, completely terrified of you.

+5 COM, only to those who think you are the best-looking person on Earth.

+5 CON, no Figured Characteristics, not used to determine Stunning.