Stargate Hero Races

JakSpade

Hey all you Star Hero'ers out there,

I've started working on some basic packages for a Stargate Hero project. I will be posting my packages here as I get them done. Can I get some critiques? Is this too much?

[b]Jaffa Racial Package[/b]

Abilities
Cost	Ability	
6	+3 CON	
4	+2 BODY	
2	+2 PRE	

[b]Total Cost of Abilities: 12pts[/b]

The Prim’tah: "Bonded Symbiote", all slots IIF Expendable (Focus: Goa'uld Symbiote; Difficult to obtain new Focus; -1/2)
Cost	Ability
4	Regeneration: Healing 1d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (20 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Hour, -3), Self Only (-1/2), IIF Expendable (Focus: Goa'uld Symbiote; Difficult to obtain new Focus; -1/2)
3	Advanced Resistance: Power Defense (5 points) (5 Active Points); IIF Expendable (Focus: Goa'uld Symbiote; Difficult to obtain new Focus; -1/2)
1	Radiation Resistance: Life Support (Safe in High Radiation) (2 Active Points); IIF Expendable (Focus: Goa'uld Symbiote; Difficult to obtain new Focus; -1/2)
3	Long Life: Life Support (Extended Breathing: 1 END per 5 Minutes; Longevity: 200 Years) (4 Active Points); IIF Expendable (Focus: Goa'uld Symbiote; Difficult to obtain new Focus; -1/2)
7	Disease Immunity: Life Support (Immunity: All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents) (10 Active Points); IIF Expendable (Focus: Goa'uld Symbiote; Difficult to obtain new Focus; -1/2)
7	Poison Resistance: Life Support (Immunity All terrestrial poisons and chemical warfare agents) (10 Active Points); Requires A CON Roll (No Active Point penalty to Skill Roll; -1/2), IIF Expendable (Focus: Goa'uld Symbiote; Difficult to obtain new Focus; -1/2)

[b]Total Cost of “Prim’tahâ€: 25pts[/b]

Cost	Disadvantages
15	Distinctive Features: System Lord’s symbol on forehead; Concealable, Always noticed with major reaction/prejudice
20	Dependence: Prim’tah; Common/Difficult to Obtain, 2d6 every hour, incompetency -1 to skill rolls/time period
10	Love/Hate for one’s “godâ€/System Lord

[b]Total Cost of Disadvantages: 45pts[/b]
[b]Total Cost of Package: 37pts[/b]

Re: Stargate Hero Races

I was never really left with the impression that there are Jaffa technicians or scientists. The level of technology the actually live with (when their masters aren't around) seems low. Perhaps the basic package should have a low tech level limitation?

Re: Stargate Hero Races

I was never really left with the impression that there are Jaffa technicians or scientists. The level of technology the actually live with (when their masters aren't around) seems low. Perhaps the basic package should have a low tech level limitation?

Yes, the Jaffa were more soldiers, pilots, workers, priests and beasts of burden. The real scientists, technicians and technical people should be low level/prestige Goa'uld, working their way up the "corporate ladder" so to speak.

Jak