Jokes

Dust Raven

I was just issued a new iPad Air at work, and the assistant IT guy (a former student) came by to help me set it up.  He introduced me to Siri.  This has led to a few amusing Q&As.

Me: Who's on first?

Siri: That's right. Who is on first.

Me: What is the meaning of life?

Siri: I don't believe there's a consensus on that question.

Me: What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Siri: The last person who asked me that ended up in a crevasse.

Who says programmers don't have a sense of humor?

As he lay dying, Lord Greystoke expressed his wish that his intestines and stomach be made into a set of drums and bagpipes so that he and his love of music might live on after his death. 

He wanted to ensure that people could hear the Tarzan's Tripes Forever.

...I'm not sure whether to like that or strangle you, and I don't know where you live, so... :P

An atheist and an Evangelical Christian were talking about the Israelites crossing through the sea to escape Pharaoh. The atheist states, "that was no miracle, at certain times of the year the water recedes to a lower level along with sea plants floating in and they simply waded across."

The Christian pauses perplexed, then says "wow, it's an even greater miracle than I had realized."

The atheist looks at him and says "What? How do you figure that?" 

The Christian says, "Well think about it, Pharaoh's entire army drowning in waist-deep water!"

(I thought this might have been posted here previously, but a quick search didn't find it.  So if it was already posted, my apologies.)

A woman gave birth to fraternal twins (one boy, one girl) but the birth process was too much for her and she passed out.  When she came to and saw her kids, she mentioned to the nurse that she wasn't sure what to name them.

"Your brother gave us the names while you were unconscious," said the nurse.  "We thought they were what you wanted."

Oh, no, thought the woman.  I can't imagine what kind of names my moron brother would pick.  "What names did he tell you?" she asked hesitantly.

The nurse said, "Well, he named the little girl Denise..."

The new mother thought, Well, that's not too bad.  I like that one.

The nurse continued, "And he named the little boy Denephew."

• 2 weeks later...

A man is talking to God and asks, "Is it true that, to you a million years is just a minute?"

"Yes," replies God.  "That is true."

"So to you, would a million dollars just be a penny?" the man asks with a slight smile.

"Again true."

With a crafty look, the man asks God, "So could you give me a penny?"

God replies, "Sure.  In a minute."

A devout man prays to God one day.  "Please, God, let me win the lottery.  I promise to use the money to help others."

He doesn't win that week, so he prays again.  "God, I'm imploring you to let me win the lottery.  Think of all the good I could do to help Your children!"

After he again fails to win, he kneels and prays, "I'm imploring you, Lord, please let me win..."

At this point, a booming voice from above interrupts him.  "AT LEAST MEET ME HALF WAY AND BUY A TICKET!"

From last night's Golden Globes ceremony:

"If you do win [a Golden Globe] tonight, remember nobody cares about the award as much as you. Don't get emotional; it's embarrassing. That award is — no offense — worthless. It’s a bit of metal that some nice old confused journalists wanted to give you in person, so they could meet you and have a selfie with you ... I’ve got three Golden Globes. One’s a doorstop. One I use to hit burglars with. The other one I keep by the bed, and it doesn't matter why." -Ricky Gervais