Jokes

Dust Raven

I thought I had told this one before, but don't see it here.  (Perhaps in another thread?)  My apologies in advance if you've read it before.

A US senator was lucky enough to have an incredible (though somewhat timid) speechwriter - so skilled at speech writing, in fact, that the politician had stopped even perusing the speeches beforehand and would just read them off the teleprompter while giving the speech. 

After a few years of diligent work, the speechwriter asked for a raise.  The senator scoffed, "Forget it!  You should consider yourself lucky to have a job with someone as powerful and influential as me!" and dismissed the speechwriter with a wave of his hand.

Several weeks later, the senator was giving a speech announcing his candidacy for President, and as was his habit was reading it straight off the teleprompter. 

"As many of you know, I am a strong supporter of law and order, and feel that the current administration has done a deplorable job of keeping our streets and the American people safe from criminals, terrorists, and those who wish us harm.  I promise you now, that will not be the case when I am President!  That is why I have come up with a fifteen-point plan to rein in crime and protect us from terrorist acts, which I will now explain in detail."

The next words to scroll up the teleprompter were,  "You're on your own.  I quit."

I once dated a woman who was so evil, I thought she wa the Antichrist. But it turns out she wasn't quite that bad. The numbers in her forehead only read 665.

This reminded me of something I saw years back, titled "The Other Numbers of the Beast."  Here's a listing that's similar, though not the same: 

http://www.c4vct.com/kym/humor/666.htm

One in particular that isn't listed there was "1-900-666-6666:  Live, nude beasts!  One-on-one pacts!  Only $6.66 per minute!  Over 18 only, please!"

A Lesson

Jesus took his disciples up the mountain and, gathering them around him, He taught them saying:

Blessed are the poor in spirit.

Blessed are those who mourn.

Blessed are the meek.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness.

Blessed are the merciful.

Blessed are the pure in heart.

Blessed are the peacemakers.

Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake.

Blessed are you when men revile you on my account.

Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven.

Then Simon Peter said, "Are we supposed to know this?"

And Andrew said, "Do we have to write this down?"

And James said, "I don't have any paper."

And Phillip said, "Will we have a test on this?"

And Bartholomew said, "Do we have to turn this in?"

And John said, "The other disciples didn't have to learn this."

And Matthew said, "May I go to the bathroom?"

And Judas said, "What does this have to do with real life?"

And Jesus wept.

Then one of the Pharisees who was present asked for Jesus' lesson plan and inquired of Jesus, "Where are your anticipatory set of goals and objectives in the cognitive domain?"

Author unknown, but certainly a teacher

An atheist was spending a quiet day fishing when suddenly his boat was attacked by the Loch Ness monster. In one easy flip, the beast tossed him and his boat at least a hundred feet into the air. It then opened it's mouth waiting below to swallow them both. As the man sailed head over heels and started to fall towards the open jaws of the ferocious beast he cried out, "Oh, my God! Help me!"

Suddenly, the scene froze in place and as the atheist hung in midair a booming voice came out of the clouds and said, "I thought you didn't believe in Me!" "God, come on, give me a break!" the man pleaded, "Just seconds ago I didn't believe in the Loch Ness monster either!" "Well," said God, "If you are a believer you must understand that I won't work miracles to snatch you from certain death in the jaws of the monster, but I can change hearts. What would you have me do?"

The atheist thinks for a minute then says, "God, please have the Loch Ness Monster believe in You also." God replies, "So be it." 
The scene starts in motion again with the atheist falling towards the ravenous jaws of the monster. Just then Nessie folds his claws together and says, "Lord, bless this food you have so graciously provided..."

• 2 weeks later...