Jokes

Dust Raven

A man traveling through Thailand sees a monk light a fire with only the heat from his hands

He walks over to the monk and says “How did you do that?”

The monk replies “With enough training you can do things that appear impossible. What is the one thing you most want to achieve in life?”

The man replies “I’d love to be able to jump as high as a house so I can compete in the NBA.”

The monk replies “Go away and jump continuously every day for two years and return to me.”

The man heads away and starts practicing. He returns two years later and walks up to the monk and says angrily, “I can jump much higher now but not higher than a house.”

The monk replies “Yes you can, idiot: houses can’t jump!”

A blonde driving a car became lost in a snowstorm.

She didn't panic however, because she remembered what her dad had once told her. "If you ever get stuck in a snowstorm, just wait for a snow plow to come by and follow it." Sure enough, pretty soon a snow plow came by, and she started to follow it.

She followed the plow for about forty-five minutes. Finally the driver of the truck got out and asked her what she was doing. And she explained that her dad had told her if she ever got stuck in a snow storm, to follow a plow.

The driver nodded and said, "Well, I'm done with the Wal-Mart parking lot, do you want to follow me over to Best Buy now?"

A police officer, was scheduled for all-night duty at the station but was relieved of duty early and arrived home four hours ahead of schedule, at 2 in the morning.

Not wanting to wake his wife, he undressed in the dark, crept into the bedroom, and started to climb into bed. Just then, his wife sleepily sat up and said "Honey, would you go down to the all-night drug store on the next block and get me some aspirin? I've got a splitting headache".

"Certainly, darling," he said, and feeling his way across the dark room, he got dressed and walked over to the drug store.

As he arrived, the pharmacist looked up in surprise "Say" said the druggist "I know you - aren't you a policeman? Officer Fenwick, right?"

"Yeah, so?" said the officer.

"Well, what the heck are you doing all dressed up like the Fire Chief?

The room was full of pregnant women and their partners. The class was in full swing. The instructor taught the women how to breathe and explained to the men how to give the necessary help and assurance to their partners at this stage of the pregnancy. The instructor said, "Ladies, remember that exercise is good for you. Walking is especially beneficial. It strengthens the pelvic muscles and will make delivery that much easier. Just pace yourself, make plenty of stops and try to stay on a soft surface like grass."

She looked at the men in the room, "Gentlemen, remember, you're in this together. It wouldn't hurt you to go walking with her. In fact, that shared experience would be good for both of you."

The room suddenly got very quiet as the men absorbed this information. After a few moments, a man at the back of the room slowly raised his hand. "Yes," said the Instructor.

"I was just wondering, would it be all right if she carries a golf bag while we walk?"

Mathematician and philosopher Rene Descartes is sitting in a cafe in Paris one afternoon. 

He's just finished his lunch, and one of the servers asks him, "Would you like a fruit tartlet? They're fresh!"

He ponders it for a moment and then says "No, I think not."

And he vanishes.

--
Okay, I guess it would have made more sense if I had told the second joke first. But I just don't feel comfortable putting Descartes before the horse.

10 hours ago, Pariah said:

Mathematician and philosopher Rene Descartes is sitting in a cafe in Paris one afternoon. 

He's just finished his lunch, and one of the servers asks him, "Would you like a fruit tartlet? They're fresh!"

He ponders it for a moment and then says "No, I think not."

And he vanishes.

--
Okay, I guess it would have made more sense if I had told the second joke first. But I just don't feel comfortable putting Descartes before the horse.

If I ever meet you in the real world, I’m gonna hit you with a big stick.