In the beginning God said, "Adam, I want you to do something for Me."

Adam said, "Gladly, Lord, what do You want me to do?"

God said, "Go down Into that valley."

Adam said, "What's a valley?"

God explained it to him. Then God said, "Cross the river."

Adam said, "What's a river?"

God explained that To him, and then said, "Go over to the hill....."

Adam said, "What is a hill?"

God explained it to Adam, and said: "On the other side of the hill you will find a cave."

Adam said, 'What's a cave?'

After God explained, He said, "In the cave you will find a woman."

Adam said, "What's a woman?"

God explained that to him, too. Then, God said, "I want you to reproduce."

Adam said, "How do I do that?"

God first said (under His breath), "Geez....." Just like everything else, God explained that to Adam, as well.

So, Adam goes down Into the valley, across the river, and over the hill, Into the cave, and finds the woman.

Then, in about five minutes, he was back.

God, His patience wearing thin, said angrily, "What is It now?"

And Adam said, “What’s a headache?”

This year in Heaven the Christmas celebration was also a costume party. Everyone dressed up.

Many people came as movie characters, from Gandalf the Grey (and White) to Jason Bourne to Black Widow to Harry Potter. Alan Rickman went as Hans Gruber, which made St. Peter exclaim "See, Die Hard IS a Christmas movie!"

St. Peter was dressed as the "Fragile" lamp from A Christmas Story. Moses showed up as Charlton Heston's version of himself, while Charlton Heston dressed up as an ape. Ruth Bader Ginsburg came as Hermione Granger. (Although she insisted that she was dressed as the book character, not the movie character, which explained the teeth.)

There were also some great couple's costumes. Alex Trebek and Sean Connery dressed up as each other and re-enacted bits from the Celebrity Jeopardy sketches. The Wright brothers dressed up as the Super Mario Brothers. Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds came as Captain Kirk and Mister Spock. Prince dressed up as Dave Chappelle's version of Rick James and David Bowie came as "Super Freakonomics."

Naturally, everyone was looking for the guest of honor. If anyone would have a fantastic costume, it would be Jesus. However, try as they might, no one could figure out Jesus' costume among the multitudes of party guests. There were, of course, plenty of people who dressed as Jesus, and some wondered if Jesus had gone full meta. He didn't, but as it turned out Charlie Chaplin did dress up as Jesus and placed third in the Jesus Look-a-Like contest.

Finally, as the party was drawing to a close, it was time for everyone to unmask. Joan of Arc was the one dressed as Bigfoot. Alan Turing was Predator. Richard Pryor was the Burning Bush. Thomas Jefferson and John Adams, who had long since made up and become the best of friends, were the unicorn. Eventually there was only one costume left.

As Jesus pulled off the Matt Damon mask, everyone realized that Christ was Bourne on Christmas Day.

17 hours ago, archer said:

How do mathematicians scold their children?

If I’ve told you n times, I’ve told you n+1 times.…

"Month" is an unrhymeable word? Nonsense!

Mathemeticians worked for many a month.

Raising polynomials to the (n+1)th.

9 hours ago, archer said:

This just in:  A man has been stealing wheels off of local police cars.

The police are working tirelessly to catch him.

All the toilet seats were stolen from the police station.

The cops have nothing to go on.