What Champions characters might survive to the Terran Empire?

Balok

Re: How Do the Threats Come Back, Anyhow?

Originally posted by Crimson-Hawk

1) What even occurs in 2020 to close the floodgates of magic opened by the Nazi sorcerers during WW2? This would have to be a pretty mind-blowing event that doesn't really cause that much destruction at all....

Someone in another thread suggested that Mechanon and Takofanes might team up in a grand attempt to wipe out all life on Earth. I proposed (in the same thread) that this could be the Big Event of 2020.

2) What opens the floodgates again in the Year 3000 era? Considering that both the heroes and the threats in Galactic Champions universe are comparatively stronger than in the Champions Universe (at least, I'm getting the impression of such), this was probably a huge, HUGE event in the history of the Terran Federation.
Maybe the Church of the Infinite Dark succeeds in locating the Crowns of Krim, or the Thane manage to reassert themselves.

2020: Tyrannon finally decides to move on the Earth dimension. He rips a hole between the dimensions and begins his assault. After several months of battle with the Earth’s heroes and military, Witchcraft, the Sorceress Supreme, realizes that the only way for the Earth to survive is to eliminate the mystic energy which is fueling Tyrannon (Tyrannon conquers dimension to gain access to their mystically energy reserves – he uses them as fertilizer). Witchcraft’s plan is a success and Tyrannon, growing weaker by the day, is forced to withdraw as he feels the mystic well he was searching for has dried up. As a parting gift to Witchcraft, Tyrannon contaminates her body, infusing it with some of his own malicious mystical energy. Witchcraft is too week to defender herself and she slips into a coma.

2970: Witchcraft awakens and is fully transformed by the mystical energy stored within her body. She has but one purpose: to reignite the mystical fires of the Earth dimension so that her lord and master can have dominion. Using the carefully stored power within her body, Darkcraft, as she now calls herself, seeks out and rips asunder the Portal of Contemplation which had been hidden deep within the Himalayas for centuries. The resulting rupture sends a mystic wave pulsating around the earth, restimulating the dormant mystical nexus which exists around it. The age of superhumans would once again be upon the world. Soon the reserves would be large enough and Tyrannon would return!

:D

It might be interesting if some of the sources of power survive in some form, even if the heroes and villains who use them now don't make it.

The Crowns of Krim, the source of Meteor Man's power, and the Elder Worm could all be buried, dormant and forgotten, until discovered again.

• 5 weeks later...
Originally posted by Powerhouse

"Someone in another thread suggested that Mechanon and Takofanes might team up in a grand attempt to wipe out all life on Earth. I proposed (in the same thread) that this could be the Big Event of 2020."

EEK!!!! I hope not! That's just too scary!

The discussion developed into a rather interesting concept, in a nightmarish sort of way:

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2908&highlight=sick+alliance+notion

It seems likely that the "big magic draining event" of 2020 has something to do with stopping either Takofanes, or the Elder Worm (the Slug). It's possible that this was determined to be the only way to put the threat down, or maybe the people who did it didn't realize the long term consequences.

This, of course, raises the question of what might make someone want to re-enable magic in 3000 or so...

Originally posted by Lord Liaden

The discussion developed into a rather interesting concept, in a nightmarish sort of way:

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2908&highlight=sick+alliance+notion

Just got through reading that particular thread.

What else can one say about such a hideous notion but...

BRRRRRR!!!!

By the way, Liaden, I rather like your current avatar. The idea

of Lord Smith, Chief Agent of Rivendell is amusing, to say the

least.

Space Cadet :D

• 2 weeks later...

I would think that Dr. Destroyer would make it to Galactic Champions (at least his suit, perhaps in the hands of someone else).

I think his huge army of followers could suffice as a 'superviallain team'.

I would suspect that Dr. D right now is of the belief that time is all that can stop him... and, would be putting some resources toward making sure that not even time could.

Well, that is my opinion...:)

Polaris

Going back to the original question...

It seems to me that the only contemporary characters who would be active during the Terran Empire period would be Cataran and possibly Mechanon (albeit probably as an AI more than a super-powerful robot). Many others might survive to that period, but they'd probably be dormant because of the low flux of magic at the time, only to revive at during the Galactic Champions period.

Having Captain Chronos show up in the year 3000 isn't even a matter of him surviving. He claims to come from several thousand years in the future, so the Galactic Champions period would also be ancient history for him.

Perhaps another great chrisis will happen in that time period, forcing his intervention?