Ultimate Metamorph: ECs and Shape Shift

Acroyear II

Question

I have recently read the Ultimate Metamorph, and have a question about Elemental Controls linked to Shape Shift. I’d like to buy an EC with the power of Leaping (Frog Legs), Flight (Bird Wings), and a HKA (Bird Talons). The EC is linked to Shape Shift, which allows the character to change into a Frog or a Bird. While in Frog form, the character uses the Leaping (Frog Legs) power, and while in Bird form the character uses both the Flight (Wings) and HKA (Talons). He cannot, however, use the Leaping while in Bird form, nor the Flight and HKA while in Frog form. Am I allowed to add a Limitation on each of the EC slots representing that he cannot use some of them at the same time? For example, “Cannot use Leaping while in Bird Form†or “Cannot use Flight while in Frog formâ€. Or are the EC slots already considered limited in this fashion because they are Linked to the Shape Shift power?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer to this question

Re: Ultimate Metamorph: ECs and Shape Shift

Well, that's up to the GM, but personally I'd rule that that's covered by Linked. If the Limitation system were more granular, some additional value might be possible, but this doesn't seem like it's worth another -1/4 to me.