Multiple instances of same power in VPP?

Hyper-Man

Say you have a VPP with a pool of 60 points and enough limitations that any powers used in the pool never have a real cost higher than 30 points.

I know you can't use this to create 2 different powers for a multiple power attack (like RKA + EB) vs. one target.

However, do the rules explicitely state you can't use them seperately (fire the RKA at 1 target and the EB at another)? What about 2 instances of the same non-attack power (1 Force Wall over here and one over there)?

I always get these strange thoughts while away from my 5er...

Re: Multiple instances of same power in VPP?

I think there's a rule specifically forbidding the use of two powers in a framework to make a multi power attack. They'd have to be linked and/or in the same "slot."

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary thinks two heads are better than one

Actually' date=' why couldn't you use that for a Multiple Power Attack? You've got the available points, if you've got the END, those are two separate powers ...[/quote']

I think there's a rule specifically forbidding the use of two powers in a framework to make a multi power attack. They'd have to be linked and/or in the same "slot."

Yep, found it on p358 of 5er.

A rule change from 5e to 5er, in my opinion. 5e prohibited two slots in the same EC being used, but didn't address other frameworks. Even there, I disagree. You pay considerably more for three attacks (say) in an EC rather than in a Multi.

In a Multi, I would argue the rule should be that you need enough AP in your multi to use all the desired slots. If your MP of attacks contains a dozen flexible slots, why shouldn't you be ab;e to mix & match?

In a VPP, I'd be OK with the ability to MPA with the caveat that the total AP of the attacks must fit within the VPP pool (ie you can't have a 60 point pool, and fire off four 60 AP attacks which each have -3 in limitations).

I've always ignored that rule. It never made much sense to me, considering what it would cost to have an extra Power outside a Framework. One my favorite builds was for a sonic screamer type who had a Multipwer with multi-shot EB and Flash which she could opt to do less damage with the EB and use the extra points for small Flash.