Multiple instances of same power in VPP?

Hyper-Man

Question

Hi Steve,

Say you have a VPP with a pool of 60 points and enough (standard) limitations that any powers used in the pool never have a real cost higher than 30 points.

I know you can't use this to create 2 different powers for a multiple power attack (like RKA + EB) vs. one target.

However, do the rules explicitely state you can't use them seperately (fire the RKA at 1 target and the EB at another)? What about using 2 instances of the same non-attack power (1 Force Wall over here and one over there)?

(assume use of different hands for different actions as a possible sfx).

FYI, I already posted this same question to the Hero System Discussion forum a few days ago with very little response. linky: http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43809

1 answer to this question

Re: Multiple instances of same power in VPP?

The rules explicitly state that one Attack Action ends a character’s Phase. Therefore unless the character can find a method that might allow him to make those two attacks with one Attack Roll (such as Rapid Fire), he can’t do what you describe. If the powers don’t involve making Attack Rolls (which Force Wall, for example, often does), then he’s just activating two powers, which is perfectly acceptable.

Does that answer your question? If I’m not being clear or have left something out that you had in mind, please post a follow-up.