Not quite a WWYCD: YWUA your PC...

DataPacRat

Re: Not quite a WWYCD: YWUA your PC...

(Still trying to figure out what "YWUA" stands for...) :confused:

I've tried several times to figure out the same thing. Best I can figure is that "U" was a typo for "Y" and the question is "You Were Your Avatar" or something (but, yeah, it still basically makes no sense).

OK, I'm going to hell. :straight:

Bill.

Only for wasting opportunity. Staying at home?

Your sacred duty would be to find an attractive lesbian partner, then design an interdimensional connection to the hero boards and post as the new hot lesbian couple.

Ok, on the thread jack. If Traveler can still do magic, seeing all he needs is a staff or cane, then he'd do alot of fixing of my life, just how he'd do it would be unknown, but I would come back healther as well as my family life would be better. Now Bear Cat, my life would be more or less the same, I hope.

Well, at least Falcon and I are the same gender and roughly the same height, so moving around won't be a problem. Not having any of Falcon's skills will be a big problem, though. Assuming I realize that this isn't a weird dream brought on by too much History Channel, I'd probably want to call the two mystics on her team for help getting "home".

Falcon in my body ... she's gonna be seriously weirded out. She's just jumped forward over 60 years, and the world is nothing like what people expected back then. Heck, could she even drive my car?

EDIT: Almost forgot -- I'm hoping Falcon and I would be smart enough to not tell how WWII ends up/research how WWII ends up. Of course, for Falcon, nothing will quite fit right anyway since there was a distinct shortage of superpowered individuals involved in our world's war.

My most common WWYCD character is Lady Silver. First up is tell everyone on the team: "I know this sounds wierd, but I'm not Amanda but her creator... and yours too."

Probably followed by:

"No, I'm not lying- Tyr can prove that."

and "Speed Demon- stop staring out my chest!"

and "Stop *gasp* strangling me Nova! I'm *cough* sure she's ok!"

and "yeah Sentinel, I might be the reason why you're divorced, you rarely see your son, your former best friend hates and wants to kill you, and you're stuck baby sitting the spandex crew. Umm... my bad?"

Since she's a wizard, I wouldn't have the knowledge to use her spells but I wonder if I could at least get that flying cloak to work. Cool!

After that, it's time to start looking up mystics and since I created them, I should know where they are. Also might have fun trying to imitate her to outsiders only to hear from the team "she does not sound THAT corny! Well, usually."

Edit: I'd hope to pop in as Nova since she's the least skill based character and is alot like Starfire: superstrong, tough, flies, and has energy bolts. Probably the easiest to master.

Just a thought: Wwhile in the body of ANY of my PC's, after talking to my teammates, I spill every pit of 'metagame' knowledge about the enemy of the PC body I'm in, and teammates.

I see if under my direction, we can now munchkin the universe.

Now, my second threadjack: eventually, you (and your PC) go 'home'. Do you keep playing the character the same way? :)

Do I keep playing Traveler the same.....yes. The C was designed to have weird things happen to him, what just happened would be just one more in a life time that spands over 10,000 yrs.

Now do I play BC the same....no. I'll be a little bit more of a team player, and be a little calmer. Heck BC had it hard being trapped as me, I'd want to repay the favor to make he's life a bit less crazy.

Now would the lives be any different.....I don't think so. I just play these guys, I have to deal with a GM that has as warped sence of drama and humor as I do.

Whisper and the Specter - Okay. Plus side, I'm immortal.

Me as Whisper - I'm now an life force vampire who's bound to a sickeningly innocent 12yr old girl. Kill me now. Okay, the ability to fly and move through non-opaque solids is knida cool, but all in all, this sucks.

Whisper as Me - Hopefully he eventually realizes that he needs to eat normal food and doesn't knock himself out (or kill me/himself) trying to walk through glass sliding doors. And after a couple of attempts to feed through his normal means, I'm going to find myself strapped to a bed when I return.

Me as the Specter - I would crap myself immediately. I don't have anywhere near the level of skill and experience to face off against the enemies the Specter has accumulated over 150 years. I would seek out the party wizard and explain to him what has happened, but the likely response would be "Oh, so you've been ripped from your reality and don't know how to return? Welcome to my life. At least you ended up in a world inhabited by your own species." And more self-indulgent moping would ensue.

The Specter as Me - Not immortal and less control over metabolic functions. That's bad. Hmm, has just become a security guard, oh, and what's this? His course manual. Better read up on that. Basically, he would take it in his stride and just try to rough it out. George is pretty good at getting into a routine.

The Specter and Whisper as Me - Freak out when they find out that their entire lives have existed for the amusement of others. "The Gods truly do play with dice."

Isn't it interesting that my character called the Specter is completely tangible and alive, whre the ghostly character is called Whisper?

Heh ... going both ways ... dealing with the body changes would be the hardest. Going from being a robot into a human, and vice versa, would be remarkably jarring, to say the least. I'd probably freak out and think I was suffocating because I couldn't breathe, even though I don't need to ... and WW would need to learn how to do all those little human things like, y'know, eat and use the bathroom. :)

Oh, yuck. Okay, lemme think about this.

If I became Thia, i'd ... well, I'd have a war to win, and I don't have Thia's tactical experties. If his Divine Powers were granted through his soul, then I would lack any and all Paladin abilities. While I'd have his rock-hard physique, I wouldn't have his innate talent with his Holy Avenger. In short, I'd be a regular guy in a Paladin's body leading an army trying to do the right thing, and above all terrified that I'll somehow cost him his powers by living outside of his code (not bloody likely, but you can worry about these things).

What would THIA do? Look for the nearest mage and wonder why he couldn't find one. Stare at his gut and wonder why he had one, had gotten four inches taller and fifteen years younger. Thia isn't stupid, but since we assume he has no knowledge of ME, and I only possess knowledge of HIM, he'd be SOL.