"Hardened Defenses" vs. attack Advantages -- for those of us without 5ER

fwcain

Question

I wrote:

According to 5E, pg. 77, someone buying Hardened Defenses must specify which one attack Advantage will be neutralized by the Hardened Defenses, when an attack power has more than one of the listed Advantages. Thus, if I am reading that correctly, if I say "This Hardened Defenses stops Penetrating" then the Hardened Defenses is no good at all against a power with both Armor-Piercing and Indirect (as neither of those are Penetrating).

Shouldn't that read that the purchaser chooses in what order those three attack Advantages will be neutralized? (E.g.: "This Hardened Defenses neutralizes Penetrating first, then Armor-Piercing, and then Indirect, as applicable.")

To which you replied:
The rule stated on 5ER 115 is correct' date=' with an example to show how it applies.[/quote']

I do not have 5ER (I have 5E), so a page reference to 5ER does not answer my question. Should this answer be in one of the FAQs, a specific link would be most appreciated, and I apologize for the inconvenience. Should the answer not be in an online FAQ, I'd appreciate receiving the answer.

Thanks,

Franklin

1 answer to this question

Re: "Hardened Defenses" vs. attack Advantages -- for those of us without 5ER

It may or may not be in the old FAQ, I don't recall. Regardless, once we put an answer in print, we don't generally provide that information for free. When I answer questions I use the latest, most up to date, version of the rulebook.