The things I've learned playing a munchkin

keithcurtis

Re: The things I've learned playing a munchkin

Be good to your scarecrow.

In between plowing, harvesting, etc. find time to just go out to the field and visit. Tell him what an important job he's doing and how good you think he is at scaring crows.

That way, whether he stays stuck up on the pole, or finds his way down and wanders off to become ruler of a great city, you can claim to have a highly-placed friend - in one sense or the other.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary wonders if Lucius is ever going to run out of Munchkin jokes - "Watch for falling houses" indeed.....

PPS (post palindromedary stuff) - I kind of liked Nimmie Aimee. Oh, and have you read Wicked?

Be sure to be extra nice to the kid next door, too. You know, the one being raised by the witch.

Keith "hedge all bets" Curtis

PS. I read aloud to Susan. Wicked is next on the list after the third Bartemeus volume. If we ever finish the second Eragon novel.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PS. I read aloud to Susan. Wicked is next on the list after the third Bartemeus volume. If we ever finish the second Eragon novel.

It is as predictable as the first one?

Be sure to be extra nice to the kid next door, too. You know, the one being raised by the witch.

Keith "hedge all bets" Curtis

I read aloud to Brianca. We're on The Da Vinci Code.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary points out that L. Frank Baum's mother-in-law was the woman who wrote Woman, Church, and State......

It is as predictable as the first one?

Moreso, unfortunately. There are some interesting ideas about magic and, and, and... well, someone gave us the first as a gift, and we were at the end of the list when book 2 came out.

Keith "Not really that bad, though" Curtis

Either CourtFool has games with some serious munchkins he never wants to game with again, or I never want to game with CourtFool

Buy every book and supplement for the system youre playing, then memorize and annotate all the best/sneakiest designs, even if theyre inappropriate for the campaign youre in. Show them to the GM and demand that you be allowed to use them because "Theyre official".

This works especially well in d20

If your GM upgrades to a new edition, make sure that you "grandfather in" the cost of anything that becomes more expensive. Things that become less expensive get you more points, though.

Keith "Stupid Life Support and Damage Shield" Curtis

Either CourtFool has games with some serious munchkins he never wants to game with again' date=' or I never want to game with CourtFool[/size']

Buy every book and supplement for the system youre playing, then memorize and annotate all the best/sneakiest designs, even if theyre inappropriate for the campaign youre in. Show them to the GM and demand that you be allowed to use them because "Theyre official".

This works especially well in d20

I used to have a player like that. I got tired of it and made it clear that I make the decisions; I don't care what the book says.

Court fool, this is too easy for you.

Exactly how tall are you? Is your favorite color blue? Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Lullabye League or the Lollipop Guild?

Keith "Nearly typed Lollipoop" Curtis

If I were to DM D20 I would limit the players [and myself] to the basic PH, and DMG, no optionals.

I find most of extra stuff in the books tend to be unbalanced and munchkiny.

Don't get me wrong, there are lots of interesting stuff in say the fighter guidebook, stuff for any system player, just the rule changes.

I can't believe no one ever mentioned this one...

Choose your gaming friends carefully -- that way, even if they don't like your characters, they'll still like you. Which means that you'll always get another chance to slide another one in under the radar...

Matt "But-the-rules-said" Frisbee

PPS (post palindromedary stuff) - I kind of liked Nimmie Aimee. Oh' date=' and have you read [u']Wicked[/u]?

I have Wicked and his other books of that nature, haven't had time to read them (returning library books today, and paying fines on them since I was too busy to read any).