Order of the Stick

Rapier

Re: Order of the Stick

He's in the Lawful Good afterlife holding area. You're not implying that the forces of Law and Good have made an oversight all these years are you?

He's only in the processing area where people who claim Lawful Good alignment are. Look at what Roy's going through.....

He hasn't been processed yet! Not to completion at least!

So apparently you CAN'T get away with being "Lawful Blind-eye." :D

JG

On the other hand, he HAS been quite successful at keeping Belkar from killing innocents lately. Not just with the Mark of Justice... has he actually killed any noncombatants since the strip began?

On the other hand' date=' he HAS been quite successful at keeping Belkar from killing innocents lately. Not just with the Mark of Justice... has he actually killed any noncombatants since the strip began?[/quote']

That might be the defense Roy gives. By keeping Belkar tied to the Order of the Stick, at least Roy can direct Belkar's aggressive urges while at the same time, working to reform him slowly (I think Reforming Belkster is unlikely, barring a helm of opposite alignment, but Roy is still attempting to). The OotS is, overall, a force for good in the game world, and Belkar has been something of an example of a lesser evil taking out greater ones.

Love the Galactus comparison, but...

I think OotS #125 shows just how it is a good thing Roy and the others are around to keep Belkar in line :)

"You make a persuasive argument. And by that, I mean there are more of you and you are using that to coerce me into obeying your moral code."

:D

Of course, Belkar still got his exp anyway so...

Belkar single-handedly and without any backup killed like, I dunno, 250 hobgoblins attacking Sapphire City. He didn't even get any XPs for it. That's gotta be worth some points in his favor!

Bill.

(Granted, he was doing it just because he likes killin' things, not specifically to protect the city. But I can relate to that!) :bmk:

Love the Galactus comparison, but...

I think OotS #125 shows just how it is a good thing Roy and the others are around to keep Belkar in line :).

"You make a persuasive argument. By that I mean there are more of you and you are using that to coerce me into obeying your moral code."

Belkar single-handedly and without any backup killed like, I dunno, 250 hobgoblins attacking Sapphire City. He didn't even get any XPs for it. That's gotta be worth some points in his favor!

Bill.

(Granted, he was doing it just because he likes killin' things, not specifically to protect the city. But I can relate to that!) :bmk:

"I am a sexy shoeless god of war!"

Perhaps not THE best line ever, but surely in the top 10 ;)

That might be the defense Roy gives. By keeping Belkar tied to the Order of the Stick' date=' at least Roy can direct Belkar's aggressive urges while at the same time, working to reform him slowly (I think Reforming Belkster is unlikely, barring a helm of opposite alignment, but Roy is still attempting to). The OotS is, overall, a force for good in the game world, and Belkar has been something of an example of a lesser evil taking out greater ones.[/quote']

Belkar Bitterleaf is like Galactus - a force of destruction beyond mortals' ability to comprehend, with a larger role to play in the order of the universe. Attempting to impose a set of morals on him is pointless.

Besides, he'll stab you if you try.

Still, one of the best strips from the early works is the one where V casts "Owl's Wisdom" on Belkar.

Nice to know that Lawful Good has a barely constrained bureaucracy.

I bet you the Neutral Good Heaven asks you to pet a kitten (or Puppy depending on allergies) and if it liked the pet yer in.

I like that despite it being a bureaucracy, it IS actually a well-intentioned and functioning one. =)