Order of the Stick

Rapier

Re: Order of the Stick

Well, to be fair to Elan, in this case he has honest reason for in character denial. The last thing he WANTS to have to face is that yes, his dad is evil murdering scum tyrant material. And even if he IS starting to realize it already (I think it will take another clue by 4 myself), there's not much he can do defiance wise openly that won't get his friends and himself possibly arrested if he tries it...yet. Not sure what will force Elan to drop the denial, but given his nature it may involve some move against his friends...such as two of them (Well, Roy at least) in the arena.

I'm actually more concerned with Durkon right now. Malak has befriended him, and I think our lizard priest is up to no good. Add to that a certain prophecy, and my imagination is going dark places...

Ok, assuming Malak is a vampire as some of us think, if he 'turns' Durkon into one as well, well, Durkon might indeed return to his homeland posthumously, and yes, bring about much destruction. I can't imagine a more tragic fate for the dwarf than to be turned evil and against the home he loves, but it might be just the sort of thing Rich might spring on us.

Heck, 'Vamp Durkon' might even be the one who snuffs out Belkar for good, fulfilling two prophecies at once.

Or I could be wrong

Perhaps my D&D Lore is rusty but I thought

You become a Vampire, you turn evil. End of story ? Or am I wrong?

Nope, you're right. I just don't see Rich doing that without dropping more hints. We've seen major character work done with all of the Order, and I agree that it's more than time for a Durkon arc (though I did like his time with Loki girl). I just think Rich would give us more build up for that.

Nope' date=' you're right. I just don't see Rich doing that without dropping more hints. We've seen major character work done with all of the Order, and I agree that it's more than time for a Durkon arc (though I did like his time with Loki girl). I just think Rich would give us more build up for that.[/quote']

He has been playing up the 'Lawful' aspect of Durkon's alignment, so I expect that to be a part of Durkon's story.

I'm as impressed with the plan as in Elan's ability to follow the explanation and ask telling questions.

"As you are the leader of your little band." HA!

It's been pointed out in other forums that Tarquin doesn't know Roy is the leader. He met Roy and Belkar (in the gladiator pits) but Roy barely managed to avoid telling him he knew Elan.

JG