Order of the Stick

Rapier

Re: Order of the Stick

I wonder if, in D&D 3.5, your character can make progress in his class after the character dies? I suppose he should, so long as the GM keeps running adventures.

I'm guessing the "Kill the cleric in one blow" thing was the Improved Critical feat, or some sort of Great Improved Critical.

damn that's cool' date=' and here I thought it was actually starting to be a bizarre cross between dragon ball Z and that awful film about Robin William's suicidal wife.[/quote']

What Dreams May Come, based on the Richard Matheson novel.

Someone stole/conjured my Celestial Tuna

Wonder if anyone ever got a Celestial Dolphin by accident when summoning a Celestial Tuna?

I'm guessing the "Kill the cleric in one blow" thing was the Improved Critical feat' date=' or some sort of Great Improved Critical.[/quote']

Or the epic feat, 'devastating critical' -- if you crit, target rolls a fort save or dies.

Originally Posted by OddHat:

I'm guessing the "Kill the cleric in one blow" thing was the Improved Critical feat, or some sort of Great Improved Critical.

Reply from Inu:

Or the epic feat, 'devastating critical' -- if you crit, target rolls a fort save or dies.

Comment from Matt Frisbee:

And people wonder why I call d20 the perfect munchkin system. *sigh*

Matt "THAT'S-IT!-We're-playing-Bunnies-and-Burrows-from-now-on!-You're-playing-a-bunch-of-freaking-RABBITS!" Frisbee

I'm guessing the "Kill the cleric in one blow" thing was the Improved Critical feat' date=' or some sort of Great Improved Critical.[/quote']

Or leap attack, which with a little planning, allows the dishing out of totally awesome amounts of damage in one blow.

cheers, Mark

Originally Posted by OddHat:

Reply from Inu:

Comment from Matt Frisbee:

And people wonder why I call d20 the perfect munchkin system. *sigh*

I was thinking the same thing.

I disagree. You can build 50 point characters or less in Hero System with game smashing power levels' date=' assuming the GM lets it pass; we're a much better system for munchkins. ;)[/quote']

But the Munkins actually have to THINK to do it in HERO.

i just caught up to date on OotS, and i have to say that it is thus far, the best webcomic i've ever read, and one of the best pieces of (lighthearted) fantasy literature i have ever read. i absolutely LOVE the fact that the strip has actually developed a real plot, and is not just a bunch of D&D jokes tied together (unlike a few posters earlier in this thread) and i find the last 100 strips to be absolutely AWESOME! they were both some of the most touching and the most funny. and that is something that can only be done with extreme talent (and places you alongside the anime Slayers for total awesome content). and i have to say that i never felt the strip get bogged down in darker bits, and i didn't find to much attention on the villians. i think it was just about right, all things considered, and allowed for some great bits (especially Belkar's moral dilema and his "Sexy, shoeless God of WAR!" bit, and the prerequisite "sexy, shoeless god of cooking" that came a little after).

oh, and i have to say that my fav characters are, in no particular order, Thog, Belkar, and Elan. they are awesome on so many levels, and i LOVED Thog and Elan's little while "on the lam". that was priceless. everytime Elan sings a bardsong, i feel the need to pick up D&D again, (currently torn between barbarian, bard, or ranger for my next character, in fact). so many good times. oh, and i SO want to see some completion to the "V's theory" subplot.

and as far as Belkar being a PC, i would have to hearily disagree. sure, he should get into trouble for his actions, but who am i to lay down moral decrees? i sure know at least one person whose table i would never grace. then again, i try very hard to accomodate my players (and i totally endorse PvP, if thats the direction the parties want to go in). skill rolls affect PCs just like NPCs, as do enchantment spells and other such things. my group is very into "in character" play, and it works well for us.

So' date=' it's probably taken Roy a couple of weeks to trapse down the mountain, unless he just leapt knowning that he couldn't get hurt... Still, man, I wonder what antics we have missed down below?[/quote']

I'm guessing Roy gets rez'ed for the big #500 and we'll get a lead in to a flashback sequence.

But I could well be wrong. Rich is tricksty with his plot.