Order of the Stick

Rapier

Re: Order of the Stick

Only if Redcloak thinks to cast the spell. Depending on how he finds out' date=' he might just chalk the whole thing up to another random attack by the Resistance and not investigate fully. So the secret might be safe, but the Resistance can't really bank on it.[/quote']

I think firing of a Sending/Dancing lights Spell was the first things they did. But we will see that for certain soon, hopefully.

No, I mean details:

He has dark Skin and has a single blade without shield.

She is a red-haired archer.

Or at least they were not so far ago...

I can see the general resemblance. There are differences. the Elf's blade is single-handed, and light (iirc). This possibly leaves (left?) his other hand free for casting spells. But even if not, he's more of a "Light/DEX fighter", whereas Roy is (imo) a "Heavy/STR fighter".

As much as I hate to see the Resistance crushed, from a storyline perspective it is a good plotting. Despite the valor and competence of the Resistance, they are still out-witted and out-gunned by Redcloak, which establishes him as that much more formidable a foe. It will only make his confrontation with the OotS that much more dramatic, and the OotS are the main protagonists, not the Resistance.

As much as I hate to see the Resistance crushed' date=' from a storyline perspective it is a good plotting. Despite the valor and competence of the Resistance, they are still out-witted and out-gunned by Redcloak, which establishes him as that much more formidable a foe. It will only make his confrontation with the OotS that much more dramatic, and the OotS are the main protagonists, not the Resistance.[/quote']

So, the resistance just got Worfed? To show us just how badass the (new) Redcloak is?

I have a "what is Redcloak up to" thought... he states he's glad the spy is dead, because he would rather not kill the spy himself... why does he need to kill the spy? Is he hiding something from Xykon? He's got the goblin nation he wanted, but if Xykon gets his thingie back he may feel the need to move on... or

Sorry, too many thoughts, not enough time.

I have a "what is Redcloak up to" thought... he states he's glad the spy is dead, because he would rather not kill the spy himself... why does he need to kill the spy? Is he hiding something from Xykon? He's got the goblin nation he wanted, but if Xykon gets his thingie back he may feel the need to move on... or

Sorry, too many thoughts, not enough time.

I think the fact that he sacrificed the patrol to keep this entire thing secret has something to do with it. It's odd that he didn't use any other Goblin in this attack, only summoned beings.

It can't really be that he plans to hide that he has Xykons trinket back. Since Xykon wants to go on and wants to have it back first, this will cause more trouble than it is worth. At tops he might planning to delay Xykon a little more, before it get's "finally" found.

I has a suspicion that Redcloak will conceal that he has the Phylactery until he has figured out a weakness (or engineered one), and can use that as a "Kill Switch" on Xykon when he no longer has a use for him. The only "fly in the ointment" is that Niu escaped, and can spread word.

I has a suspicion that Redcloak will conceal that he has the Phylactery until he has figured out a weakness (or engineered one)' date=' and can use that as a "Kill Switch" on Xykon when he no longer has a use for him. The only "fly in the ointment" is that Niu escaped, and can spread word.[/quote']

I'm not so sure Niu will get away given how overwhelmingly the resistance was crushed.