Order of the Stick

Rapier

Re: Order of the Stick

They are pretty cool. I thought that the version of V looked too much like a male. Not androgynous enough. One of the great mysteries has always been whether V is a he or a she.

I disagree. I thought V was suitably androgynous. It's difficult to tell whether the up-top bulge is muscle or breast, and the face looks somewhat feminine, only in a way that could also be an older, skinnier man's face.

If Therkla can't hook up with Elan' date=' I'll take her.[/quote']

You think so, but you do not know the mysteries of her moody half-orc assassin ninja evil heart.

Lucius Alexander

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of female half-orcs? The Shadow may know, but the Palindromedary won't unless it gets a hold of her diary!

How is Roy's Dad still a candidate for Lawful Good heaven when he uses scrying power to be a peeping tom RIGHT OUTSIDE THE PEARLY GATES? Yeah' date=' it pales before some of his other stuff, but it just bugs me.

[/quote']

At a guess, either (1) once you die, you can no longer disqualify yourself by sin, (2) the cumulative postmortem sins he has committed are not yet enough to cause him to fall, (3) lust and invasion of privacy aren't sins in the denomination he followed, (4) he confesses and is forgiven regularly, (5) it's not a sin if its funny, or (6) some combination of the above.

Besides, the joke was used before in Dogma. And he is trapped outside of Heaven, not for failing to fulfill his oath, but for failing to try hard enough to qualify as Lawful Good. Not surprising that he should be failing in other ways.

How is Roy's Dad still a candidate for Lawful Good heaven when he uses scrying power to be a peeping tom RIGHT OUTSIDE THE PEARLY GATES? Yeah' date=' it pales before some of his other stuff, but it just bugs me.

[/quote']

My guess is that:

Papa Greenhilt hasn't sat down with the Bureaucratic Deva assigned to his case just yet, due to the Blood Oath thing. When he does, if he ever does, he's probably going to be due to a very nasty surprise.

At a guess' date=' either (1) once you die, you can no longer disqualify yourself by sin, (2) the cumulative postmortem sins he has committed are not yet enough to cause him to fall, (3) lust and invasion of privacy aren't sins in the denomination he followed, (4) he confesses and is forgiven regularly, (5) it's not a sin if its funny, or (6) some combination of the above.[/quote']

I go with 5. also.

And it's pretty clear that (based on the example of Roy's Mom) the sexual standards for "Lawful Good" in this setting are not strictly Puritan. :D

JG

I don't quite see how LG equates to puritan. LG characters follow the spirit of the law and are helpful to those in need. That doesn't mean they are prudes who abstain from sex or promiscuity. They just wouldn't take advantage of a situation for their own gain.