Order of the Stick

Rapier

Re: Order of the Stick

I thought Passwall made a uniformly circular hole in the wall (for the duration). That looks more like either some illusion, or some sort of spacial distortion effect IMO.

EDIT: Yep, Passwall is definitely different. http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0857.html

EDIT 2: Aha! He used Stone Shape. http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0732.html

Wasn't there a spell that allowed you to "fuse with"/walk into stone? Looks more like that.

Wasn't there a spell that allowed you to "fuse with"/walk into stone? Looks more like that.

It's a possibility. I am not an expert on the literally thousands of spells that have been published for use in D&D. I am only going by what I have seen in this webcomic.

It's a possibility. I am not an expert on the literally thousands of spells that have been published for use in D&D. I am only going by what I have seen in this webcomic.

What should I say. I might mix stuff up with Shadowrun or The Dark Eye and thier magic systems. I think I can easily muster 6 or more Stone-related spells for that.

What should I say. I might mix stuff up with Shadowrun or The Dark Eye and thier magic systems. I think I can easily muster 6 or more Stone-related spells for that.

But we don't need to go to those lengths of conjecture. We have seen Durkon use Stone Shape in the past to get though a wall, and both it and the current spell's effects have a wiggly-bordered hole in the wall. I think it is a simple case of 1+1=2.

But we don't need to go to those lengths of conjecture. We have seen Durkon use Stone Shape in the past to get though a wall' date=' and both it and the current spell's effects have a wiggly-bordered hole in the wall. I think it is a simple case of 1+1=2.[/quote']

There is a problem. Stone Shape is instantaniously: http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Stone_Shape

So he could not use it to hide and unhide in the wall.

• 2 weeks later...

Nale, maybe, but I expect the battle is about to turn very badly for the good guys. If I had to guess, I'd say that Sabine's banishment will prompt the three evil whatevers to take possession of V's soul for the many minutes he owes them, and V will slay mightily.

I do admit, Sabine calling out her love to Nale is touching.

Indeed it is, especially since she knows he can't hear her . . . although I'd have a VERY hard time trusting a succubus who said she loved me, it does seem that Sabine has genuine affection for Nale.

Nale' date=' maybe, but I expect the battle is about to turn very badly for the good guys. If I had to guess, I'd say that Sabine's banishment will prompt the three evil whatevers to take possession of V's soul for the many minutes he owes them, and V will slay mightily.[/quote']

It does seem to be going unnaturally well.

JG

Nale' date=' maybe, but I expect the battle is about to turn very badly for the good guys. If I had to guess, I'd say that Sabine's banishment will prompt the three evil whatevers to take possession of V's soul for the many minutes he owes them, and V will slay mightily.[/quote']

I am almost certain if the bad guys act, it will not be directly against the group.

They have pointed out that they want the battle to continue until they are ready to take the gate.

• 2 weeks later...