Order of the Stick

Rapier

Re: Order of the Stick

Before we get too eager...

OK, so, there's a new Order of the Stick. My thumb has been making a lot of progress, and I had set myself the goal of updating the comic before the end of the year. Which I have now done.

The important thing to keep in mind, though, is that no one should expect me to start churning out new strips particularly quickly. My thumb is still not 100%—or even 80%, really—and it requires a lot of rest between activities in order to keep from swelling up. I finished this comic over the course of three days, and it was relatively simple (since I was able to lift three panels directly from older strips). So there's no telling how long it will take for each new strip to appear—much less the backlog of Kickstarter stories that a lot of you are waiting on. I'm just going to take it slowly and pace myself so I don't end up straining anything.

Sounds like Rich has the right idea. Trying to "be tough" when recovering from an injury just prolongs the healing process and may result in less than full healing. I applaud his decision to make recovery a higher priority than cranking out comics for us!

I didn't realize that Carrion Crawlers had exoskeletons -- but if they are modeled after centipedes/millipedes, then it makes sense that they would. In all my gaming, I've never had a character encounter them. And I thought they weren't intelligent enough to have a language?

I didn't realize that Carrion Crawlers had exoskeletons -- but if they are modeled after centipedes/millipedes' date=' then it makes sense that they would. In all my gaming, I've never had a character encounter them. And I thought they weren't intelligent enough to have a language?[/quote']

That they don't have a language in the source material doesn't mean Rich won't give them a word or two in the service of a good joke (which this is).

• 2 weeks later...