Rapier

Order of the Stick

Re: Order of the Stick

A rare, genuine, laughing in my chair moment.

"I was going to take the deal, until I remembered how much I was looking forward to throwing an angry housecat into someone's soft, unprotected face."

or a commoner 50% of the time....

and an adept or poorly equiped rogue 1 in 5....

those DnD housecats are MEAN...although i think my cat is actually one of those, and he's just waiting to off me.....

its dangerous living with a cat who thinks its a human ninja!

I'm kinda curious as to what he was doing with a cat in a sack. I mean he was looking for food' date=' right?[/quote']

Isn't that the sack that Roy had that seemed to pull random animals out of it?

I was in a rolemaster game where one of the magic users summoned a ferret that wound up rolling a crit on the big bad and ripping out the jugular. Gotta watch out for them small animals.

I was in a rolemaster game where one of the magic users summoned a ferret that wound up rolling a crit on the big bad and ripping out the jugular. Gotta watch out for them small animals.

If nothing else the Small Animal critical charts are amusing. :D

Belkar specifically mentions the rightful ruler of the city. It's Mr. Scruffy.

After the city is re-taken, I predict that Scruffy shall lead them.

Right, but the question was about why he had a cat in a sack on a raid for food.

Right' date=' but the question was about why he had a cat in a sack on a raid for food.[/quote']

Remember when Belkar left the Paladin in the first place, saying he'd spotted something? It seems like that "something" was Mr. Scruffy.

This is why HERO is better than D&D. In HERO a cat to the unprotected face is a violent PRE Attack and is a good tactic that can buy you time in combat. In D&D it doesn't even prompt a Will Save; just soak the damage and move on.

You gotta have a lot of respect for a guy who, while sneaking through a conquered city, sees a stray cat and thinks, "I think I'll grab that cat and stuff him in a bag, just in case the opportunity comes up to throw it into someone's soft and unprotected face." :thumbup:

You gotta have a lot of respect for a guy who' date=' while sneaking through a conquered city, sees a stray cat and thinks, "I think I'll grab that cat and stuff him in a bag, just in case the opportunity comes up to throw it into someone's soft and unprotected face." :thumbup:[/quote']

As I was reading this my somewhat sleep befuddled brain booted up and thought of something....

"...Azure city's ruler"

"...The TRUE power in Azure City."

Wonder if there's a way for Belkar to use Mr. Scruffy to lift the Mark of Justice?