Order of the Stick

Rapier

It's not just you *Assures you*

Given the family histories of the characters, I find myself wondering what the artist's own relationship to his father is like. Among the characters it ranges from "Never met him" to "Never met him for a long time and after I did we tried to kill each other" to "Dad killed my little brother." As problematic as it is, Hayley's relationship with her father is probably the most healthy and functional in the group.

If we knew Belkar's story it would probably be "Yeah I killed him."

Lucius Alexander

But what do I know, I ride a palindromedary

I think the author wants to stretch the dnd alignment system to the max in every direction to tell his story. 

Problem is that as soon as you start thinking about the alignment system the whole thing falls apart. 

I sure hope he is not trying to deconstruct it. 

Sounds like every alignment using game I've ever played.  One man's lawfull good is another man's true nuetral.

Sounds like every alignment using game I've ever played.  One man's lawfull good is another man's true nuetral.

If you run Lawfull Good as true neutral, then you will have issues when the judging comes in the afterlife.

You will be juged according to the Alligment you actually show, rather then the one you claim to have had.

If you run Lawfull Good as true neutral, then you will have issues when the judging comes in the afterlife.

You will be juged according to the Alligment you actually show, rather then the one you claim to have had.

Maybe that's the real reason why Roy's Dad has not passed on. He thinks it's because of his dedication to unfinished business with Xykon, but it's really because he's not able to enter an LG afterlife and does not consider entering the one that matches his real, rather than believed and professed, alignment.

Maybe that's the real reason why Roy's Dad has not passed on. He thinks it's because of his dedication to unfinished business with Xykon, but it's really because he's not able to enter an LG afterlife and does not consider entering the one that matches his real, rather than believed and professed, alignment.

It was confirmed that the Oath exists. And indeed that other people suffer from similar oaths and it is what prevents Eugene from going on.

However, Roy was allowed inside because he died while doing something about the Oath. I mean he literally died fighting Xykon.

Eugene Greenhilt was not allowed in because he handed it down to his children and then died of old age, while not doing anything about it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...